shape
carat
color
clarity

Please Help! Diamond Engagement Ring

socalislove

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone,

I'm quite new to the world of diamonds and I'm considering purchasing one that seems to be priced relatively lower compared to others of similar carats.

I would greatly appreciate your opinions on whether this diamond is worth purchasing. Your insights would be incredibly helpful. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi socalislove,

We have a forum specifically for lab grown diamonds where they know what to look for (blue nuance, striation, etc). I'll
ask that your thread get moved over there. This is the earth-grown forum (we have our share of problems too :lol-2:).

The forum is here in the meantime (for your reading pleasure):

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
While we wait for this to get moved, I’ll chime in as a newbie enthusiast.

The cut precision seems great, as I don’t see any pavilion twist. No blue nuance or significant graining as far as I can see.

My questions:
- Is it possible there’s a grey tinge? Hard to tell with those backgrounds.

- Is the crown angle of 36+ problematic? It’s paired with a nice shallow pavilion angle of 40.4, but it’s still higher than our recommended 34-35. However, that’s how you’re getting a really nice 16% crown height.

I’m eager to see what the experts say. Congrats on the upcoming proposal!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not loving this for a ring due to the very shallow pavilion angle, which will cause some unwanted obstruction. It's also somewhat leaky under the table.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results