clarity

Please help design beryl pendant

nojs

Shiny_Rock
How do you feel about this design:
- my existing diamond pendant (H SI2)
- 0.74 ct cushion diamond (G I1) compass set
- light green 9.4 ct Finnish Beryl

The cushion and the beryl would be interchangeable add-on to the existing heart diamond pendant.

I need a way to set the beryl without a bankruptcy :)

I used tape so the heart is suffering a bit.
0F15083A-876D-489F-A95E-17CBD3D760D2.jpeg A84AB9E3-133E-47F6-AB17-FE852D2A1706.jpeg
5375E007-00F8-46A4-B882-3085312C62EC.jpeg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is that the cushion and the beryl together as an interchangeable drop from the heart diamond halo pendant, or separately please?

Whatever it is, you would need to modify the heart pendant so that it can take the drop, IMHO.

DK :))

1. I love everything about the pendant you're designing.
2. It's so good to see a face around these parts!
3. Seems we have a common interest judging by your profile pic. :D

Good luck with this project... I look forward to seeing the finished piece!

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it -- minus the halo around the heart. With the halo, looks too "Frankenstein" (piece of this/part of that) to my eye.

nojs

Shiny_Rock
Is that the cushion and the beryl together as an interchangeable drop from the heart diamond halo pendant, or separately please?

Whatever it is, you would need to modify the heart pendant so that it can take the drop, IMHO.

DK :))

So cushion and beryl together. The heart pendant has been designed so that attaching additional parts is possible.

nojs

Shiny_Rock
I love it -- minus the halo around the heart. With the halo, looks too "Frankenstein" (piece of this/part of that) to my eye.

Well that is a part that can no longer be altered, just had the heart pendant done a year ago according to my own design. I love the pendant and wear it every day. But it is refreshing to see an honest opinion, so thank you for your input! There are many tastes and to each their own :)

nojs

Shiny_Rock

On a closer look at your comment I see your point. I was originally planning to halo or even double halo the beryl, but it really adds up to expenses. I have another stone I could use on top, but that too is much more expensive than this particular design, Will have to think it over.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well that is a part that can no longer be altered, just had the heart pendant done a year ago according to my own design.

No, I love the pendant. I just think that if you are going to dangle two "naked" stones from it, it would look more harmonious without the halo; the bottom two stones and cuts are modern whereas the top looks very traditional.

I also think it might be cool to space them out along a single rigid "blade" or bar with no articulation (like these earrings) -- and hanging from a wide bale -- all to prevent it from flopping around too much.

Screen Shot 2022-09-04 at 11.19.30 PM.png

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
On a closer look at your comment I see your point. I was originally planning to halo or even double halo the beryl, but it really adds up to expenses. I have another stone I could use on top, but that too is much more expensive than this particular design, Will have to think it over.

Maybe add milgrain around the other stones to make them look like they belong with the heart.

nojs

Shiny_Rock

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
rings.png

Glad to be of any help.
FYI, the garnet band has prongs and some sort of milgrain, you have options in case you don't want a bezel.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results