clarity

Please Help Decide

RileyNY

Rough_Rock
I want either a

1.5 carat F radiant or cushion cut VS1 or VS2

Or

2 carat G-H radiant or cushion VS2 or Si1

The problem is with 2 carat I need layaway for 1 1/2 years or 2 years. Is there such a layaway plan for 2 years?

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Riley--I don't know anything about layaway, but I'm curious about the "Trade Person" banner in your posts--are you really a trade person? If so, may I ask what you do? You do not have your company or real name in your profile, which is a policy for trade people on PS.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haven|1303353086|2901570 said:
Riley--I don't know anything about layaway, but I'm curious about the "Trade Person" banner in your posts--are you really a trade person? If so, may I ask what you do? You do not have your company or real name in your profile, which is a policy for trade people on PS.

that may be a ps error, as many other times I have seen posters say, "I don't know why my profile says trade person"...

as for the stone question- I am not familiar with layaway- but I am against going into debt for an engagment ring. Do what is manageable for you financially. If you can only afford a 1.5 right now, but would like to get a 2 ct. go with a company.jeweler that has a good trade up policy so that an upgrade is manageable in the future.

RileyNY

Rough_Rock
Ohh no I am not a trade person...I do not know how I got that banner? :confused: :confused:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Amys Bling, that's what I thought might be happening but I didn't want to make any assumptions.

I agree with you about avoiding debt for jewelry pieces. I wonder if you could find a short-term loan with a 0% interest rate or something, Riley. When I had my porcelain veneers done (on my teeth) my dentist offered me a 1 year 0% interest loan to cover the cost. We just paid for it in cash, but the option seems to be available.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
RileyNY|1303354061|2901584 said:
Ohh no I am not a trade person...I do not know how I got that banner? :confused: :confused:
Maybe somebody's trying to tell you something . . . this might be your calling to join the jewelry trade! ;))

RileyNY

Rough_Rock
^ LOL :lol:

Does a 1 1/2 layaway plan exist? I only seen ones for 3, 6, and 9 months.

Also when you walk into a store to buy a diamond ring do they do background checks on you to see if you can actually afford it or not?

redundant

Rough_Rock
RileyNY|1303358270|2901640 said:
^ LOL :lol:

Does a 1 1/2 layaway plan exist? I only seen ones for 3, 6, and 9 months.

Also when you walk into a store to buy a diamond ring do they do background checks on you to see if you can actually afford it or not?
I think most diamond resellers offer a GE line of credit which maxes out at $10,000 I believe. Alternatively you can try and apply for a new credit card with a 0% rate over a year, but being in that much debt is kind of a bummer.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results