clarity

Please Help Decide

RileyNY

Rough_Rock
I want either a

1.5 carat F radiant or cushion cut VS1 or VS2

Or

2 carat G-H radiant or cushion VS2 or Si1

The problem is with 2 carat I need layaway for 1 1/2 years or 2 years. Is there such a layaway plan for 2 years?

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Riley--I don't know anything about layaway, but I'm curious about the "Trade Person" banner in your posts--are you really a trade person? If so, may I ask what you do? You do not have your company or real name in your profile, which is a policy for trade people on PS.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haven|1303353086|2901570 said:
Riley--I don't know anything about layaway, but I'm curious about the "Trade Person" banner in your posts--are you really a trade person? If so, may I ask what you do? You do not have your company or real name in your profile, which is a policy for trade people on PS.

that may be a ps error, as many other times I have seen posters say, "I don't know why my profile says trade person"...

as for the stone question- I am not familiar with layaway- but I am against going into debt for an engagment ring. Do what is manageable for you financially. If you can only afford a 1.5 right now, but would like to get a 2 ct. go with a company.jeweler that has a good trade up policy so that an upgrade is manageable in the future.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Amys Bling, that's what I thought might be happening but I didn't want to make any assumptions.

I agree with you about avoiding debt for jewelry pieces. I wonder if you could find a short-term loan with a 0% interest rate or something, Riley. When I had my porcelain veneers done (on my teeth) my dentist offered me a 1 year 0% interest loan to cover the cost. We just paid for it in cash, but the option seems to be available.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
RileyNY|1303354061|2901584 said:
Ohh no I am not a trade person...I do not know how I got that banner? :confused: :confused:
Maybe somebody's trying to tell you something . . . this might be your calling to join the jewelry trade! ;))

RileyNY

Rough_Rock
^ LOL :lol:

Does a 1 1/2 layaway plan exist? I only seen ones for 3, 6, and 9 months.

Also when you walk into a store to buy a diamond ring do they do background checks on you to see if you can actually afford it or not?

redundant

Rough_Rock
RileyNY|1303358270|2901640 said:
^ LOL :lol:

Does a 1 1/2 layaway plan exist? I only seen ones for 3, 6, and 9 months.

Also when you walk into a store to buy a diamond ring do they do background checks on you to see if you can actually afford it or not?
I think most diamond resellers offer a GE line of credit which maxes out at $10,000 I believe. Alternatively you can try and apply for a new credit card with a 0% rate over a year, but being in that much debt is kind of a bummer.

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Vintage OEC Bracelet
    Vintage OEC Bracelet
    June’s Birthstone Trinity
    June’s Birthstone Trinity
    Memorial Day Jewelry 2020
    Memorial Day Jewelry 2020

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.