shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help decide on a wedding set reset!!!

Mrs Flowers

Shiny_Rock
Hello Everyone!! Long long long time lurker. Finally decided to register and I’m asking your expert opinion on a reset I’m considering. First let me show you some pictures of my current set which I’ve happily worn for 15+ years. 55449E52-2E13-4ECC-ABB9-01EDC601C424.png
It’s been great but I always found it a little bulky and too chunky. I’m considering resetting and going with the whiteflash comfort fit surprise diamond solitaire paired with the harmony wedding band. My current ering is at least 3 mm thick and the knifedge pave band from whiteflash is 3.3mm. The comfort fit is 2.2 mm and the harmony is 2.5. I love the look of a plain solitaire with a diamond band. Im not really into matchy sets.
Im open to any and all opinions. If you guys have any other ideas I’m fully open to those too. Thank you everyone!!

Mrs Flowers

Shiny_Rock
Hello Everyone!! Long long long time lurker. Finally decided to register and I’m asking your expert opinion on a reset I’m considering. First let me show you some pictures of my current set which I’ve happily worn for 15+ years. 55449E52-2E13-4ECC-ABB9-01EDC601C424.png
It’s been great but I always found it a little bulky and too chunky. I’m considering resetting and going with the whiteflash comfort fit surprise diamond solitaire paired with the harmony wedding band. My current ering is at least 3 mm thick and the knifedge pave band from whiteflash is 3.3mm. The comfort fit is 2.2 mm and the harmony is 2.5. I love the look of a plain solitaire with a diamond band. Im not really into matchy sets.
Im open to any and all opinions. If you guys have any other ideas I’m fully open to those too. Thank you everyone!!

FEC60305-40CA-4831-A79C-5850B2AEA29A.png 5839EAEC-4467-41CF-AB97-7408706ED821.png FEC60305-40CA-4831-A79C-5850B2AEA29A.png

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you talked to WF? I would ask them how well the two rings set together and could they provide any pictures? Looks like
with the Harmony you don't have to worry about the diamonds rubbing up against your ring (which is great!) I think they would make
a lovely set if they set well next to each other.

Your current set is pretty but I can understand if you're ready for a change. I reset my ering around the same time frame!

Mrs Flowers

Shiny_Rock
Have you talked to WF? I would ask them how well the two rings set together and could they provide any pictures? Looks like
with the Harmony you don't have to worry about the diamonds rubbing up against your ring (which is great!) I think they would make
a lovely set if they set well next to each other.

Your current set is pretty but I can understand if you're ready for a change. I reset my ering around the same time frame!

Thank you for your response. I did talk to whiteflash and they said they would go well together. I could always return the band if I don’t like it with the ring. That being said I’m open to other suggestions. If you guys think something else would be better I’m all eyes. I ran into a little snag though. My original diamond is not from whiteflash so now they are saying they can’t set it? Have you guys heard of this?

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
yes, some jewelers will not set outside stones. However, WF's website says that they will under certain circumstances:

By the way, I don't think your current set looks bulky at all in your photo. I can understand wanting a reset after 15 years however.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your response. I did talk to whiteflash and they said they would go well together. I could always return the band if I don’t like it with the ring. That being said I’m open to other suggestions. If you guys think something else would be better I’m all eyes. I ran into a little snag though. My original diamond is not from whiteflash so now they are saying they can’t set it? Have you guys heard of this?

Yes, definitely heard of it. Not all places work on outside jewelry. So is it a no-go with WF?
For example, try taking your set to Tiffanys and asking them to do work on it.

Mrs Flowers

Shiny_Rock
Yes, definitely heard of it. Not all places work on outside jewelry. So is it a no-go with WF?
For example, try taking your set to Tiffanys and asking them to do work on it.

I’m still emailing them back and forth but if it’s a no go which would be really really sad can you guys recommend an equally good vendor or two? I’m really disappointed.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m still emailing them back and forth but if it’s a no go which would be really really sad can you guys recommend an equally good vendor or two? I’m really disappointed.

Hope it works out for you with WF, but if not, I highly recommend David Klass Jewelry.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you're looking for a stock setting and not something custom, do you have a good local jeweler where you can see settings? If WF won't set your diamond, you can still buy the band from them and perhaps get the diamond reset locally. Once you get the band, you can bring it with you to see how it works with the settings. If you are going custom, then yes, DK is a good choice.

Mrs Flowers

Shiny_Rock
I decided to go with James Allen for my ering reset. I’m not interested in going the custom route as my tastes are really classic and simple. My husband treated me to a gorgeous set of 1.6 ctw pear studs for our 20 years together anniversary from James Allen and they are gorgeous and the craftmemship is great So I feel comfortable going with them. I’m still getting the harmony wedding band from whiteflash though. Ive had my eye on it for ages.
this is the ring I’m going with. Plain 2 mm platinum solitaire with a tulip head.
AAD885A4-C472-4939-8D63-E0FDCC64B0A2.jpeg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's pretty @Mrs Flowers ...nice clean lines with pretty prongs. JA made a setting for me several years ago and it turned out
really nice.

Mrs Flowers

Shiny_Rock
That's pretty @Mrs Flowers ...nice clean lines with pretty prongs. JA made a setting for me several years ago and it turned out
really nice.

I’ll be sure to post pictures once my ring arrives in **** sigh **** 3 to 4 weeks.. I’m pretty plain..

meganrachel

Rough_Rock
@Mrs Flowers hi there! I have been eying the same setting from JA. I saw it on the customization page as an option here: https://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/custom-engagement-rings/solitaire-engagement-ring-embellished-with-a-four-prong-tulip-basket-head-item-126181.

Did you send your existing stone to JA for them to set it or are you having it set by a local jeweler after the setting arrives? Would love to hear more about how this process is going for you so far and eager to see your ring when you receive it!

Mrs Flowers

Shiny_Rock
@meganrachel. I think that setting is gorgeous. Some vendors will not set outside stones so I’m glad they offer that service. So yes I sent my current ring to @jamesallenrings and it’s been there since 7/19. I think the process is a little slow as according to their website it hasn’t even gone into “ production “ yet. It’s not a custom ring so I feel like it’s taking too long at this point. Maybe I’m just being impatient. Although I had a pair of pear shaped earrings made by them and the process was seamless, fast, and they turned out gorgeous and arrived 16 days after being ordered. I guess I’m a little disappointed I’m not having the same experience this time around. I’m hoping the ring will turn out great if it ever gets here. What kind of stone are you thinking of having set?

meganrachel

Rough_Rock
@Mrs Flowers I think it's beautiful too and I'm glad they offer that service. It's hard to wait, I can imagine even more so while your original ring is with them. Fingers crossed it updates into production soon! I am sure it will be gorgeous once you see it.

I have a 1.85 transitional OMC/OEC that used to be my grandmother's. I love a four prong solitaire but definitely prefer unique basket/prongs to the traditional peg style. We also saw this one in a local store last week https://www.gabrielny.com/engagement-ring/er14684r8w4jjj and are considering it with some modifications. I typed up some notes for my boyfriend and gave some options (including the JA one now that I know they take outside stones), so we'll see what he picks! He wants the proposal itself to be a surprise and I feel like I've overwhelmed myself with research at this point so I'm happy to take a step back.

Mrs Flowers

Shiny_Rock
@Mrs Flowers I think it's beautiful too and I'm glad they offer that service. It's hard to wait, I can imagine even more so while your original ring is with them. Fingers crossed it updates into production soon! I am sure it will be gorgeous once you see it.

I have a 1.85 transitional OMC/OEC that used to be my grandmother's. I love a four prong solitaire but definitely prefer unique basket/prongs to the traditional peg style. We also saw this one in a local store last week https://www.gabrielny.com/engagement-ring/er14684r8w4jjj and are considering it with some modifications. I typed up some notes for my boyfriend and gave some options (including the JA one now that I know they take outside stones), so we'll see what he picks! He wants the proposal itself to be a surprise and I feel like I've overwhelmed myself with research at this point so I'm happy to take a step back.

Oh that’s so special!! I’m sure your grandma’s diamond will look stunning in whatever setting it ends up in. Not to overwhelm you any further but did you see the lotus head James Allen has ? I think a round diamond would look stunning in that setting. My diamond is a 2.16 ct princess so I think the tulip head is better suitable for a square stone. I got an email today that it is in production and will be completed around August 9th. I’m so excited!! I’ll be sure to post pictures!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results