shape
carat
color
clarity

Please Help decide between 2 diamonds, both 1.8 I VS2

dcdocfilms

Rough_Rock
Hello, After a few posts and a lot of reading suggestions, I'm back to ask for help deciding between 2 diamonds.

Diamond 1: 1.8 I VS2- I have the ASET image (which is a photo taken through the ASET loupe). The images aren't too clear, but you can clearly see the banding and red areas.

Diamond 2: 1.8 I VS2- The vendor provided an ASET image (on a professional setup). I also have a clarity and another Red imaging photo, but thought I would start with the ASET for continuity.

When I look at both of them, I see them both in the average/very good category according to the comparison sheet.
Do you all have thoughts on what makes one of them better/worse than the other? They are both similar in price. It is easy to get thrown by the quality of the image (one being a pro setup and the other being through a loupe), so I'm hopeful you all have more experience seeing beyond that.

Thank you very much in advance,
DC

_1031.png

_1032.png

_1033.png

_36622.jpg

dcdocfilms

Rough_Rock
and here is the comparison sheet

asscherasets.jpg

RockBrat

Shiny_Rock
To me it looks like stone 2 is the better stone and I'd consider it to be in the best-excellent category however I'd need more info to make a concrete determination.

dcdocfilms

Rough_Rock
Thanks RockBrat,
What kind of additional information would be useful... I did receive a Sarin report on the 2nd one. Unfortunately I only have a (mediocre) ASET of the 1st...

DC

dcdocfilms

Rough_Rock
Hi folks,
Just curious if anyone else could weigh in (Thank you RockBrat). It's a good bit of change to have hanging out there, and don't want to spend it if they are
"close" in quality. but if the 2nd one is far superior (even in just the case of the ASET), I'll take the chance.

Thank you for your thoughts,
DC

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
The ASETs are different enough that it's worth the extra expense in this case (not always the case). I think you should definitely go for the second.

RockBrat

Shiny_Rock
Hi! I apologize I never saw your question. Number two appears to be a good choice based off just the pic alone but I'd probably want to know the dimensions as well and where the inclusions were. But it looks like it will be a pretty asscher.

dcdocfilms

Rough_Rock
THank you Gypsy and RockBrat... always a little nerve racking to buy one stone, not to mention two stones, so I appreciate your input.

As I mentioned, my current stone is good... but i just don't know if I've seen enough to know enough. Plus... it just didn't "wow" me in the sparkling department. I'm hopeful the one from online shows me the difference.

FYI, the stones are costing similar. and I have to amend my very first post... the 1st 1.8 is a vs1 as opposed to a vs2 (the one with the slightly blurry ASETs).

DC

dcdocfilms

Rough_Rock
Hi RockBrat,
The dimensions are:
LxW: 6.7x6.68
depth :4.43

table 63%
total depth 66.3%
crown 14.2%
girdle 3.7%

hope that helps dial it in a little. Still thinking I should at least take a look in person? (I'd have to get it shipped).

DC

RockBrat

Shiny_Rock
That is a fantastic asscher on paper! I'd totally order it. I bet it's amazing!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results