shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help! David Yurman cuff. :(

jenbuggy85

Rough_Rock
Hi there, ladies/gents.

My husband recently purchased this pre-owned Yurman cable bracelet for me online for mothers day. I'm so very concerned about it's authenticity.

I do NOT have a Yurman outlet/store anywhere around me.... that's why I need you.

Now day before yesterday I sent in a question to all of the Yurman email addresses listed to see if anyone could help me. This is what I got back from one of them just now...

"Good Morning,

Thank you for your email and your interest in David Yurman. Unfortunately I cannot authenticate your piece.

The makers mark which is the “star” stamp on your piece, the “Yurman” stamp and the indication of precious metal content do not closely resemble our official hallmarking and copyright stamping.

The only way to be sure your piece is authentic is if it is purchased at an authorized David Yurman retailer.

Sincerely,
David Yurman Personal Shopper"

Now, could this be because it might be older and this "personal shopper" is just not familliar with older pcs?

It was bought on ebay from a store that sells mainly estate/pre-owned pcs. They only had one other Yurman pc. Their feedback is excellent. I'm also able to return it for any reason for up to 14 days if need be.

The two extreme close up shots were taken by me on my phone of one of the other pics that I blew up. Sorry it's not very clear!

Here are two listing that have similar stamps...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221019234800?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Another...

http://www.rubylane.com/item/146798-12-00036/David-Yurman-Classic-14K-Sterling

Please help me? :(

size.jpg

size1.jpg

size3.jpg

0512021242.jpg

jenbuggy85

Rough_Rock
A couple more pics...

0512021243.jpg

size2.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Unfortunately I'm not familiar enough with Yurman to help. I could if it were Tiffany. I'd say if Ruby Lane has a similar one, it's possibly ok.

Have you tried googling phrases like "David Yurman hallmarks?" Try variations on that & see what you find. Good luck!

--- Laurie

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
jenbuggy85|1337022947|3195023 said:
Hi there, ladies/gents.

Unfortunately I cannot authenticate your piece.

The makers mark which is the “star” stamp on your piece, the “Yurman” stamp and the indication of precious metal content do not closely resemble our official hallmarking and copyright stamping.

Hi, I think if you read between the lines, he or she is telling you that your piece is not authentic. I'm sorry. I would return it if it were me. Good luck.

OneCatOneDog

Rough_Rock
I have to agree that it may not be authentic. I worked for a luxury retailer for a number of years and have spent my fare share of time around Yurman pieces as well as owning some of my own, and those Yurman markings are not what I would expect.

I am not positive though . . . this is just my experience. Best of luck!

ringthings

Shiny_Rock
Wait... who is this "Yurman personal shopper" and why are you going with their opinion?

Do they actually work for Yurman?

If you have a seller with perfect feedback who has sold many "designer" items, I find it hard to believe they would knowingly sell a (potential) fake. What makes you think it's a fake? Just this one "personal shopper's" view? Is the seller you bought it from the one you linked... the seller with nearly 70,000 positive feedback over 8 years? I seriously doubt a well-known, near-perfect feedback seller would intentionally sell a fake (if it is), then allow returns. That wouldn't make sense. Or jeopardize a big store (70,000 in feedback is a LOT!) on one item. That wouldn't make sense to me either.

Does the quality not feel up to far? The hallmarks and cable grooves should be even with "antiquing" even (minus normal wear). Fakes are usually much lighter, with uneven markings, or too shallow cable 'grooves.'

Did you ask if the seller has the Certificate of Authenticity?

ringthings

Shiny_Rock
I read more about the seller in the item you linked. It's apparently a consignment store. Did you contact the "seller" with your concerns about the item in question? Do the "co-signees" send the items to the seller, or did the seller send it directly to you?

EDIT:

The other Ruby Lane item you linked has the same Hallmark. Either there are tons of fakes by these reputable sellers with the same marking claiming vintage, or yours is legit (but an older marking). The Ruby Lane listing you linked says this is an early Yurman hallmark. Either you've found multiple (positive feedback, large store) sellers that are all scammers selling the same hallmark, or indeed found one with an early marking (likely from the 1980s). Call the Yurman authenticity line and ask what markings 80s/early 90s pieces had.

jenbuggy85

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone!

I'm soooo very sorry I haven't replied back!

I've gotten nothing but "yes, no and maybe" about this cuff. Lol. After everything that has been said (I've been on other forums) I've decided to keep it. My local jeweler knows nothing about Yurman. ( I live in a very, VERY small country town). Though he was able to verify everything as far as the gold and silver, and also told me that it is extremly well made. Ringthings, you're right, I've found a handful that are marked just like mine (but none with the star stamp, so weird!) I recently found one on Etsy that had sold in 2010. I asked the seller about it and she told me she had purchased it at NM around 92-95. Since mine has the "star" stamp.... I wonder if that means it was purchased at Macys around the same time...lol! I have to say that this is the most "quality" pc of jewelry I own. The weight is just amazing. The cable is just beautiful and so uniform. It's just lovely! Next time I visit my in-laws in CT I plan on taking a short trip to NY and maybe hitting up the Yurman flagship store. We'll see what they say, I have a pretty good feeling about it. I just wish I could find something about it online! I've googled and googled and just can't find many "older" pcs to compare it to. Grr!

By the way.... I just bought a friend. :) (Also pre-loved.) Ignore my blonde hairs...lol!

yurman.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you still live where I recall you living? If so, come in town and go to one of the jewelers that has sold the line for a while and see if they can identify it. I don't know if the appraiser I usually recommend would know hallmarks for DY or not.

If you come up Friday/Saturday morning, David Kodner said he'd look at it. I emailed them to ask what theyk now about Yurman and he said he'd take a look.

Sparkle21

Rough_Rock
Hi There,

I don't believe that David Yurman ever uses, or has used 14K gold. The 585 stamp means 14K. 750 is 18K and 925 is Sterling. I think you likley have a very nice quality replica, but not an authentic Yurman. No matter, wear it and enjoy it! Nobody is going to ask to see the stamps, and if they do, just look at them with a stunned expression with an "I don't have to prove anything to you". It would be entirely rude of anyone to question it.

Sparkle21

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Actually, David Yurman did use 14kt gold. I have several pieces purchased from Saks and Neimans that used 14kt gold. None of them had stamping similar to the OP's - but that's a separate issue. :))

lovebug1031

Shiny_Rock
ringthings|1338933807|3209911 said:
Wait... who is this "Yurman personal shopper" and why are you going with their opinion?

Do they actually work for Yurman?

If you have a seller with perfect feedback who has sold many "designer" items, I find it hard to believe they would knowingly sell a (potential) fake. What makes you think it's a fake? Just this one "personal shopper's" view? Is the seller you bought it from the one you linked... the seller with nearly 70,000 positive feedback over 8 years? I seriously doubt a well-known, near-perfect feedback seller would intentionally sell a fake (if it is), then allow returns. That wouldn't make sense. Or jeopardize a big store (70,000 in feedback is a LOT!) on one item. That wouldn't make sense to me either.

Does the quality not feel up to far? The hallmarks and cable grooves should be even with "antiquing" even (minus normal wear). Fakes are usually much lighter, with uneven markings, or too shallow cable 'grooves.'

Did you ask if the seller has the Certificate of Authenticity?

It may not be intentional! I bought what I thought was a Tiff charm bracelet from a resepected PS vendor some time ago, and it turned out to be fake. They did right and accepted a return and refunded the full purchase price. So just because they are well respected, doesn't mean it can't still be a fake!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results