shape
carat
color
clarity

Please Help! Cushion/Radiant Dilemna

beachdiamonds

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone,
I'm new to pricescope as I'm beginning to search for the right diamond/ring for my engagement. I've always loved halo pave settings and am confident that's what I want with a rectangular shaped center stone, but that's the only thing I'm sure of anymore! I love the Harry Winston pave with a cushion (haven't seen any pics of a radiant in that setting) but have seen a few similar settings with radiants and am wondering if that's what I like more. I definitely want a 2+ carat in either ideal cut, clarity matters but not as much as sparkle! I'm not sure if I like the crushed ice look of radiants or chunky or cushions. Fairly high budget. Please lend me your thoughts and pictures!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome! I think you'll find that there is a lot more interest in cushions on this particular site, and I also think cushions are a more timeless choice. You may want to watch this video to learn more about the different types of cushions, and perhaps it will help you decide if you want to pursue a cushion or radiant:

http://www.vimeo.com/7579666

slg47

Ideal_Rock
well there are different 'flavors' of cushions and radiants, as you alluded to...crushed ice/modern but not crushed ice/antique/etc...I would definitely watch that video, hopefully it can help you figure out what your eyes are most drawn to.

Sheherizaad

Shiny_Rock
It took me a very long time to settle on the idea of a rectangular cushion. Once I did however I found that I liked a certain range (in terms of millimeters wide vs long). I strongly suggest you try some on in real life so you can get a better idea of the right ratio that you prefer....

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results