shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help choose one of the two

Jessica - V

Rough_Rock
I chose two stones, 2.06 carats and 2.09 carats. Please help me choose the most beautiful one. Does the 2.09 carat therapy pill have a huge white space right on the desk? Is IGI's VVS2 correct? Is IGI rated better or below GIA this time?
Lab diamond prices have recently increased compared to the past few months
Thank you for your help

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
Hello @Jessica - V!
First of all, I'm not an expert, but here are my two cents.

And just to make sure - did you want to attach a 2.06? Because you listed a 2.08 and 2.09.

Of the two, the 2.09 is cut slightly better if you go by numbers. It has a crown angle of 34.9, and the other goes over optimal numbers slightly at 35.1. I also wonder if the 2.08 has very very light blue nuance. However, the 15.5% crown height on the 2.08 has its benefits, I believe, in more fire. The experts will be able to weight in more.

However, the 2.09 is listed on loose grown diamonds at $1892.
https://www.loosegrowndiamond.com/i...or=8.00,9.00&clarity=7.00,8.00&skuu=605327452

And the 2.08 is on the same site at $1828.
https://www.loosegrowndiamond.com/i...r=9.00,10.00&clarity=7.00,8.00&skuu=600318362

I didn't understand what you meant by "Does the 2.09 carat therapy pill have a huge white space right on the desk?" Are you asking about a white inclusion on the table? I didn't see anything that would be seen at a normal viewing distance to the naked eye. That is, seems eye clean to me, and doesn't seem to have anything that would interfere with light return.

IGI has a great reputation when it comes to lab diamonds now. No worries there.

Prices have been going up because of the holidays. Good luck on your upcoming diamond purchase!

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
@DejaWiz, on another thread you mentioned price matching. Are there particular companies who price match Loose Diamond? And do you have opinions on these two stones? Thx!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
@DejaWiz, on another thread you mentioned price matching. Are there particular companies who price match Loose Diamond? And do you have opinions on these two stones? Thx!

Any of the more popular online sellers that also have the same diamonds listed should be willing to price match to the seller with the lowest listed price.

Neither are blue nuance.

I'm not too concerned with a 35.1° crown angle as long as it plays nicely: if it was graded by GIA, then it would have been rounded to 35.0°, earning a "PriceScope pass" by many here.

I'm not "wowed" by either of them, but the 2.06 seems to have better material quality based on the limited info provided in the videos, but that could be a result of the photography environment and/or camera settings.

Jessica - V what is your budget cap for just the loose diamond and what minimum carat, color, and clarity are you desiring?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the 2.09 a little more than the 2.08.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results