shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help choose between these two diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamond8

Rough_Rock
35.gif
35.gif
35.gif
Thanks to all of you for such an informative forum. I have not purchased a diamond before and would like your advice on the two diamonds that I have linked below. These both rate highly on the cut adviser. The first one rates as a 1.5 and the second one rates as a 1.2 on the cut adviser. Which one do you think would sparkle the most? I like the fact that the first one is less expensive but is it worth it to pay more for the one carat? Do you think .91 would look like one carat once set? If there is another diamond that you recommend that is under $5K, please include the link. Thanks in advance for any advice that you may have.

http://www.niceice.com/certcopies2007/gia15509749/index.htm This one is a Round Ideal 0.91 SI-1 G N EX EX ID GIA

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/2854/
This one has the following characteristics:
Round
Carat Weight: 1.013ct
Color: I
Clarity: SI1
AGS Cut Grade: Ideal
est GIA Cut Grade: Excellent
AGS Light Performance: Ideal
Optical Symmetry: Superior
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi diamond,

I would go with the one Julie picked, if eyeclean. It''s bigger, and will be a looker.

The one from niceice is ok too.

The GOG stone is facing up a bit smaller than it should (deep), which isn''t that big of a deal sometimes, but in this case, I figure why pay for that magic number if you''re not visually getting it?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d go with the Good Old Gold stone of the first two as it is larger and a hearts and arrows stone. The WF stone Julie mentioned is even a little larger and is a very good price. The .91 stone would be great for someone who has a limit of $4000. But with a budget of up to $5000, I''d choose between the other two.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results