shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help, can''t decide between two diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

greengator

Rough_Rock
Hello everybody,
I am torn between two excellent diamonds and need your help/advice. It is kinda urgent too.

The first one from a local jeweler:
1.04 D VS1
diam. 6.57 (6.56 - 6.5
4.gif

depth 3.96
crown 34 14.5%
pavil 40.3 42.5
table 3.76mm 57.2
HCA 0.9 VG/EX/EX/EX
Jeweler is willing to discount 15% off the rappart report.

The second one from an online jeweler:
1.13 F VS1
diam. 6.76 (6.74 - 6.77)
depth 60.8%
crown 34.5 14.3%
pavil 40.9 43.2%
table 3.86 57.1
HCA 1.5 EX/EX/VG/VG
About 11% off the rappart report.

Which one should I choose? Weight over color? Ladies, feel free to jump in.
Thanks in advance.
-- Larry

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Weight all the way. You're talking about a .20mm jump in the visual size and it will be noticeable. F is still amazingly colorless; IMO D is a waste of $$ unless you have it to waste!
1.gif

The HCA scores are both excellent, I wouldn't give too much weight to one over the other as the visual difference between a .9 and 1.5 will probably be nil.

You didn't note pricing, and I don't have the rappaport pricing. So if you post prices, that may help...are they both the same price, close to the same, etc?

2.gif

greengator

Rough_Rock
Hi Mara,
Thanks for your reply. I am thinking along your line as well.

The second one is probably a couple of hundred dollars more expensive than the first one. I don't want to give out the price info at this point but will disclose more details after the whole ordeal is over. Hopefully soon.
-- Larry

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results