shape
carat
color
clarity

PLEASE HELP - BUYING SOON AND NEED CONFIRMATION!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MarryingMan

Rough_Rock
Please help me - I''m about to turn 28 years old and I have about $10K to spend on a ring...however, I spoke to a dealer across the country to wants to sell me a radiant diamond with these specs:

1.78 Carats
D Color
VS2 Clarity
67.0 Depth
68 Table
Price $ 11951
GIA Certified

I''VE ATTACHED THE GIA CERTIFICATE - CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME FIND OUT WHETHER THIS IS A GOOD DEAL OR NOT!!!

THANKS MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1.gif
1.gif

TheDiamondangel

Shiny_Rock
The cert you attached didn't show up. The depth and table aren't bad on the stone, neither is the price. What are the measurements of the stone, polish & symmetry?

http://www.gemappraisers.com/chrt3.htm

This is the cut grade chart for radiants. Retail for a 1.78 D VS2 radiant is $7,900 a carat according to http://www.diasource.com/fc170.htm .

MarryingMan

Rough_Rock
HI HI HI - PLEASE SEA THE GIA CERTIFICATE ATTACHED!!!

Radiant.jpg

TheDiamondangel

Shiny_Rock
Nice ratio, looks good...but where is that indented natural located? I had looked at some with an IN on the girdle. That would have driven me nuts! All in all it seems like a great stone. I especially like the facet layout. I don't like the radiants with facets like princess cuts.

Good luck!
appl.gif

MarryingMan

Rough_Rock
I'm sorry, I just have a few more questions for you - what is an indented natural and what do you mean by where it's located...? Are you talking about that fold on the cusp of the diamond...?

Thanks much, I guess this diamond is a Class 2B Radiant...I'm just nervous that I'm overpaying here...do you think I could get more back for my buck?

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR THE ATTENTION, THIS IS A REALLY, REALLY GREAT SERVICE!

1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

stonelover

Rough_Rock
Have you searched out some of the vendors on this site for something similar!
wavey.gif

Charmed

Shiny_Rock
If an indented natural is on the girdle of the diamond it can cause problems during setting which can result in chipping. My jeweler would't set my princess without going through polishing before setting due to the problems that can occur. My princess ended up losing carat weight and the squareness of the diamond. I would recommend checking the location of the indented natural and going from there. Plus, polishing is not cheap!!!!!!!! Good luck!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Also, a very thin girdle can be problematic when setting a radiant cut stone. It looks as though the indented natural is right where the prong would go (if I am reading the plot correctly, the indented natural is bottom left corner). One of the experts can tell you if this is good or bad.

May I ask why you have chosen a D color? An F is colorless. It will cost you less money...just my spin.
Good luck.

MarryingMan

Rough_Rock
Thanks, could someone tell me if this is going to effect the setting of the stone, considering the IN is on the girdle where the prong would go?

thanks much!

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
sorry, but isn't it a little expensive for a D-VS2 radiant good/good?

MarryingMan

Rough_Rock
Could you please tell me, or should i look at the links above, what makes this radiant diamond good / good?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results