shape
carat
color
clarity

!!Please help!! .94 GIA vs 1.15 EGL ??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pkwon

Rough_Rock
I am a first time buyer,

I have on reserve these two stones and need some advice? Can I make a decision between these two stones rated from GIA and EGL? I found both for $3600 and don''t know how to make this decision. I know there is risk with the EGL ratings, but some say EGL can be sometimes be a better deal?

Please help me because I want to make the right choice.

GIA:________________EGL:
carat: .94_________1.15
color: I____________H
clarity: VS1________VS1
cut: ideal__________excellent

depth: 62.2%_______61.6%
table: 58.0%_______55.0%
msm: 6.23x6.27x3.89_6.72-6.78x4.16

polish: very good____very good
symmetry: very good__very good
girlde: medium______medium/faceted
cutlet: none_________none
fluor: none__________none

I really want to find a GIA stone that is larger with a VS2 and very good cut grading for the same price, but can''t find one that will get me to around 1.05 carats.

pkwon

Rough_Rock
Sorry these are round brilliants!!

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Do you know which EGL laboratory graded the 1 carat?

If it's EGL-USA, and was soft one color grade, you'd still have an I VS1 over a carat for the same price the 0.94 is costing you (a better deal).

If it's not a North American EGL report, the grading might be more than a grade off (EGL has franchises all over the world, and some are softer in their grading than the EGL-USA and Canadian labs).

If you're not sure, post the report number and we can probably tell you what lab it's from.

By the way, I think you've got your cut descriptions reversed. The GIA would use the term "excellent" while EGL would use the term "ideal".

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto Rich.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results