shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help! 1ct diamond

ac27

Rough_Rock
Any updates? Tick tock....

Update after a lot of thinking, looking online at the suggested sites and speaking to the local jeweller. The local jeweller guaranteed a ring to be ready by Friday next week (when I need it) where as online it was going to be tight/not possible so I’ve decided the best bet is to go with them. I looked at their other options of stone and also compared a lot of diamonds online within my budget and the diamond I have decided to get is the GIA excellent cut FVS1 I linked before, although not up to the standard of the stones you all presented my hope is that my girlfriend will still love it and it is a marked improvement on the first two options I was given.

Massive thank you for the quality and amount of advice, help and suggestions you’ve given me and despite going for this option it was a great help. My main regret is not finding this site when I started my search 5/6 weeks ago when I had the benefit of more time.

Now I just need to hope she says yes!

Thanks again
ac27

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad to see you met the big picture goal. Of the choices you listed from your local jeweler the 1.00ct F VS1 indeed was the best of the group.

57 table, 62.9 depth, 80 LGF, 50 star, 36 crown & 40.6 pavilion. Additionally you still score a 2 on the HCA getting very good in light return, scintillation & spread. You squeezed an excellent out of fire.

https://www.gia.edu/report-check?reportno=6251570325&s=1538834102336

Capture.PNG

On a positive note your high crown should produce lots of fire, and the pavilion being lower at 40.6 is a complimentary set of angles. The diamond is cut deep at 62.9% so you will have some light leakage. Also because the stone is slightly too deep, some of extra weight will get distributed in the extra depth meaning it will look slightly smaller than another 1 carat stone of right depth proportion.

Leakage-Shallow-Deep.jpg
Leakage-Normal.jpg

I say these things not to discourage you, etc but rather to make you aware of the situation. Despite not being exactly perfect, the stone still looks amazing to your eyes and really that counts the most. Also, while it falls outside the criteria we recommend for most buyers, it's a near miss and I still think the stone will look very beautiful overall.

Please let us know how the proposal goes, and please post some pictures as we'd love to see the stone. Not to mention, the girls here will want to see some hand shots too. :cool2:

ac27

Rough_Rock
Thanks sledge, I appreciate the informative review.

Just returned from our trip to Saint Lucia and my girlfirend (now fiancee) said yes!! All ended well and she loves the stone as it really does sparkle! To our amateur eye it looks beautiful! I've included a couple of photos in case you wanted to take a look..

upload_2018-10-26_10-35-50.png

upload_2018-10-26_10-34-42.png

upload_2018-10-26_10-36-41.png

upload_2018-10-26_10-39-14.png

Again, thanks so much for all of your help and advice!!

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks sledge, I appreciate the informative review.

Just returned from our trip to Saint Lucia and my girlfirend (now fiancee) said yes!! All ended well and she loves the stone as it really does sparkle! To our amateur eye it looks beautiful! I've included a couple of photos in case you wanted to take a look..

upload_2018-10-26_10-35-50.png

upload_2018-10-26_10-34-42.png

upload_2018-10-26_10-36-41.png

upload_2018-10-26_10-39-14.png

Again, thanks so much for all of your help and advice!!

Congratulations and it's beautiful!! I absolutely love the setting :love:

kah42

Shiny_Rock
Congrats! It is beautiful!

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You're very welcome @ac27. So glad to see this ended well for you guys, and that she loved the rock. You did well, and she's a lucky girl. The stone looks great and like @farrahlyn I love the setting -- so simple and eloquent.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :cool2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results