shape
carat
color
clarity

please give opinions on this ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

turquoise

Rough_Rock
I am new here and would like your opinions on this ring. I am thinking about getting one made like it with real diamonds. Alas, this is a cz. I saw a link to it somewhere on this message board so apparently someone else likes it too. Anyway I can''t find that message and I haven''t learned to attach pictures so here it is:

http://www.cubic-zirconia-cz-platinum-jewelry.com/3068-stunning-round-cubic-zirconia-prong-setting.htm
1.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is certainly unusual! I like certain elements of it, but know I would be driven crazy by its height. The stone seems set way above the shaft and, I would think, would catch on things.

read.gif

jenntheten

Rough_Rock
I think it is beautiful and unique! Personally, I am a fan of higher settings---but it REALLY depends on her!
1.gif

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
I'm thinking of having this setting custom made to sit lower so I absolutely love it.

Nate

Shiny_Rock
Sorry, but I really, really hate it.
sick.gif

dancingmelimel

Shiny_Rock
Hi Tina,

I read your post and followed your link, and then I started searching that site for a setting for myself, and I came across another setting you might like, (which maybe will get better feedback from the forum, if you care about that sort of thing.
2.gif
)

Here it is, and a second view will follow....

-Melissa

01otherring.jpg

dancingmelimel

Shiny_Rock
Alternate angle..... sorry.....didn't realize saving first pic had saved all three. Ooops! ........Only wish I'd found something I want for myself!

-Melissa

01botherring.jpg

turquoise

Rough_Rock
Oh, my!!! I like that one even better. I am going to have to go on that site again and see if I can find that setting. Now that is a PRETTY ring!!!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On 6/29/2003 4:59:13 PM turquoise wrote:

"Oh, my!!! I like that one even better. I am going to have to go on that site again and see if I can find that setting. Now that is a PRETTY ring!!!"

Melissa and Tina, I concur! The second ring (the one with its photo here on Pricescope) has some of the antique elements of the first ring but is not at all awkward. It is definitely not *my* taste (because I like simple settings), but I think it is a very beautiful and graceful ring.

read.gif

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
My vote is for the one pictured here as well. The first one, well, um, er....

BTO

Rough_Rock
I think that second ring is a real knockout, very very pretty. I love the look of the bezel of diamonds around the center stone. Reminds me of the Ritani Endless Love ring (my fav).

Tina,
Question about the original ring you posted the link for, and I might be totally off base here and obviously missing something: but would the diamond really sit that high like in the middle picture?? Or does it sit flush, and the stone is just set in there for that pic? Because it doesn't look to be that high in the top and side angle pictures...but those are alternative views of course, not showing the full height...Just curious!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Has anybody ordered from that site? They're the same place as chicjewelry.com.

I wish somebody would try them out & let us know how the quality is. Are the settings solid and well made? Are the CZs any good?

The prices are nice and the pictures are, too, but there's something a little fishy about how they use the exact same photo to show their platinum and white gold settings--same reflections and everything. Also, they have a few settings that come in half-carat and 1 carat sizes, but the photos look identical.

They're cheap, but they charge a restocking fee, so if the quality isn't any good, you'd be out a few dollars.

Anyone out there who's ordered from them?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results