shape
carat
color
clarity

Please give me your thoughts on this ...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

4quality

Rough_Rock
Hi forum members:
My son said he was quoted 5,500 per carat for a diamond that is within his specification.
CLARITY: VVS1/VVS2
COLOR: E, F, G
CUT: IDEAL CUT,
CARAT: 2.00 .. 2.25
NO Clouds and NO White Haze
NO FLUORESCENCE
NO Open in Table & Crown
NO Black Inclusion
Closer to a Square
I guess it must be VVS2, G and 2.0
Thanks

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Closer to a square? Do you mean that it is a princess or other rectangular cut?

Looking for 2-2.25 carat G VVS2 princess cut stones, I couldn't find anything listed for less than $7K/carat.

I don't understand. Who is getting the stone for him? Will it be certified by a reputable lab? You are right that an E VVS1 would command a much higher price than a G VVS2, so I don't see how someone could guarantee the same price for that range (unless something were fishy, and it smells that way to me).

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is strange if anything is...

I do not understand those specs, let alone how can someone quote a price based on them, no matter what that 5.5k ends up meaning. What is "open" table ? and who is to say that the stone is "ideal cut" ? Also, "no clouds and no white haze" have little meaning translated into any diamond grading and pricing factor I know of.

The price is VERY low. I doubt that any seller would willingly give away a decently cut and properly graded stone for this little. If you really do obtain this price for a princess cut of superior cut quality (by industry standards, those factored into price - as oposed to "personal taste" which is not) within the color and clarity grades mentioned, with no fluorescence - that would be a heck of a deal. As for any merchandise offered at a very attractive price, care should be taken to make sure you are getting what you are told.

Just my 0.2, of course...

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
There is definitely somthing wrong with the specs. he was given.
there is no such grade as e-f-g color, the price is very low for the quqlity given in those colors.
Also who certified the stone????
Somthing is not right ,If you can give more information such as ,cert., size, color,clarity ,flour,etc....,we would be able to comment more on the stone.
read.gif

mdx

Brilliant_Rock
4Quality
This looks like a quote on a parcel of diamonds. The parcel will contain diamonds from color E to G and clarities VVS1 to VVS2. not sure if the size range is 2ct – 2.25ct ( that would be strange) or 2ct – 2.25ct is the total weight of the parcel.

The further descriptions re no opens on table etc. seem to indicate the parcel comes from India.

4quality

Rough_Rock
Thanks mdx.
What is a parcel?
Is this sent to a dealer?
Are these diamonds good?
I will give more info as soon as I find out.
snore.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Think of a Parcel as a "Grab Bag" or a box of chocolates. You never know what you'll get. There will be some nice stones, lots of mid grade and lower quality stones. Rather than go thru the lot and price each diamond individually, a bulk price/carat is assessed. You can't pick and choose the stones in the parcel. If buyers could pick, all the cherries would be gone and the wholesaler would be left with a box of rocks. Buyers have to take the good with the bad when buying a parcel.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results