shape
carat
color
clarity

Please give me your advice on which stone to get

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nightswimming

Rough_Rock
I have two perfect, equal stones, and am wondering your thoughts.

Stone 1 is a better cut, and has sarin analysis, lightscope, brilliancescope, firescope, etc, and scores very good on all reports. It is 300 dollars cheaper than stone 2. Stone 1 has nicer and cheaper settings than stone #2. Stone #1 has a top plane (the table?) that has 8 sides and is more attractive. Stone 2 has a top that is square 4 sides, and not as nice.

Stone 2 does not have a brilliancescope, lightscope, firescope, etc. It just has a GIA cert and a megascope. Thus I have no idea how it would score on these reports. From the naked eye, it shines just as good as stone #1. Plus it is 300 dollars more.

Also, STone number one has a girdle of 4.4% STone #2 has a girdle of 2.4% WIll there be a problem with either of these.

Also, in regards to the setting, I dont want to switch settings later on. I want it to be the same setting as when I give it to her. So the setting thing is a big factor for me - I want a nice setting. If stone #1 could have the kind of settings that the store with stone #2 has, then I would go with stone #1. What do I do in a situation where the stone is god, but the setting isnt. And I would like the same place I bought the stone from to set it as its guarenteed.*frusterated*

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Most settings have clones and a lot of places can get a clone of the one you want. Get a picture of the setting you want and ask them to find one like it.
You can also help by hunting for it on the web and giving them the links to it.
When they find it have your choice of diamond set in it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results