shape
carat
color
clarity

Please give me suggestion on our new e-ring..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

thangqdo

Rough_Rock
Here is our new engagement ring, the matching wedding band is being complete as we speak, let me know what you think of it.
(i'm not feeling too good on the prongs, looks a little harsh and rough, not classy
20.gif
), should I change it?

1.21 ct GIA certified center stone
E
VS2
Very Good Cut
Very Good Polish
Very Good Symetry
HCA .8
950 Platinum settings with 4 rounds, 4 baguettes, 2 marquises .68ctw size 4 (she has small fingers)

P1000130.jpg

P1000140.jpg

P1000136.jpg

P1000131.jpg

P1000145.jpg

angeline

Ideal_Rock
I think it looks beautiful! Do you have any slightly further away shots? a

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ya know ... i can''t tell really. I was horrified by the first three shots ... they make it look like the ring is kinda melting & SWALLOWING up that gorgeous stone in it''s gigantic razor jaws.

But then ... the last shot ... the ring looks lovely.

Super, super closeups can screw with your perception! How does it look on her hand? Or yours if you haven''t proposed yet!

I will say this .. it''s not a "delicate" setting. It doesn''t SUPER flatter that size of stone as much as even a simple Tiffany style solitaire would or a micro-pave Ritini or something ... ESPECIALLY if she has small hands.

And ... it does look like the prongs are not pressed down enough against the stone. So stuff (hair, fuzz etc) might get caught in the prongs & even pull the prongs backwards over time.

If you''re not happy with it in person ... def express your concerns to the jeweler.

Are you looking to "fix" this setting ... or interested in searching for a diffrent style altogether??

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
A friend of mine has a similar setting. It''s beautiful. She matched it with an alternating round and bagg wedding band.

I think these pictures are so blown up that it''s not reasonable to make judgments on the setting that way. Maybe shrunken a little bit, I could comment.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock

resize10.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock

resize20.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock

resize30.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock

resize401.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock

resize50.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I tried to make them a little smaller (shrunk to 40%) to view better.

I think the prongs could be shaved down a little - they are a little big, but otherwise I think the ring is beautiful!

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I love it !!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I think it''s beautiful as well... If you are uncomfortable with the prongs, you could have them shaved down a bit...
2.gif

Lady Lulu

Shiny_Rock
I think the stones are gorgeous, and the overall design of the ring is good...however, I agree with you that the prongs are just too much. They are overwhelmming. Maybe you could consider having the prongs changed to be more delicate and perhaps to cradle the center stone a littler lower in the setting. I also agree that you should discuss your concerns with your jeweler. They should be able to make the change quite easily. Good Luck.

thangqdo

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/1/2006 3:30:34 PM
Author: decodelighted
Ya know ... i can''t tell really. I was horrified by the first three shots ... they make it look like the ring is kinda melting & SWALLOWING up that gorgeous stone in it''s gigantic razor jaws.

Super, super closeups can screw with your perception! How does it look on her hand? Or yours if you haven''t proposed yet!

I will say this .. it''s not a ''delicate'' setting. It doesn''t SUPER flatter that size of stone as much as even a simple Tiffany style solitaire would or a micro-pave Ritini or something ... ESPECIALLY if she has small hands.

And ... it does look like the prongs are not pressed down enough against the stone. So stuff (hair, fuzz etc) might get caught in the prongs & even pull the prongs backwards over time.

If you''re not happy with it in person ... def express your concerns to the jeweler.

Are you looking to ''fix'' this setting ... or interested in searching for a diffrent style altogether??
She and I picked the settings and she absolutely love the ring. It is just that since I am the one that spent the last 8 months searching far and wide for the stone and the band, I''m just a little more critical compare to her. My jeweler asked me 4 or 6 prongs, I wanted 4 to show off the stone more, but she want to play it safe and asked me to do 6.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
those prongs are humongo!! even in the shrunken shots they overwhelm the stone IMO.

the setting itself is really lovely. i''d ask the jeweler to do a bit of work on the prongs and make them them smaller, thinner, soften out the straight edges. i have an adapted stock stuller head and it looks SO different after a bit of work on it. so it can be done, just takes a little work. and shouldn''t cost that much to have them fix it, if it costs anything at all. anyway good luck!! the stone and setting looks lovely otherwise.

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/1/2006 4:57:52 PM
Author: thangqdo

Date: 11/1/2006 3:30:34 PM
Author: decodelighted
This ring reminds me of my first setting, and the reason the last shot looks better is because it''s more of a top-down view, where the prongs aren''t so conspicuous. I hated the prongs on mine, because since I was the one wearing it, I could see them all the time, and they did kind of "swallow up the stone" etc. Not delicate, and just looked like hardware to me on mine.

Date: 11/1/2006 4:57:52 PM
Author: thangqdo

She and I picked the settings and she absolutely love the ring. It is just that since I am the one that spent the last 8 months searching far and wide for the stone and the band, I''m just a little more critical compare to her. My jeweler asked me 4 or 6 prongs, I wanted 4 to show off the stone more, but she want to play it safe and asked me to do 6.
Argh - the same thing happened to me. I wanted 4 prong, and the jeweler " she want to play it safe and asked me to do 6." If you really wanted 4, I would have it changed to a nice, delicate 4 prong. I think that would really work well with the rest of the ring. If you must go 6 prong for some reason, I''d do as others suggested and see if they can''t make them more delicate etc.. I too think with all the care and money to get a ring right, if the prongs bug you, they should be fixed. Although I must say your case is unusual in that it''s usually the gal that''s wearing it that is more critical! Does she mind the idea of 4 prong?

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
I agree with everyone else... the ring is lovely and the diamond is gorgeous!

But if you think some slight changes may be in order, then consider asking the jeweler to work on the prong shafts... perhaps take away the harsh "edge" and make them thinner, and a little more graceful and delicate-looking. The prong tips can be made smaller and rounded out nicely, too. Then I think it would be BEYOND PERFECT!
30.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty ring! It is hard to tell about the prongs from the magnified pictures.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
I love the setting. The diamonds looks spectacular and I like the proportions of the center stone to the ring.

I like the six prongs, but they need to be more delicate and as everyone else has said, shaved down a bit, especially on the top.

It''s a beautiful ring, though, and I think you will both be very pleased with it once you get the head the way you want it.

Carlotta

Shiny_Rock
At first I thought the same thing about the prongs, but I think the intense magnification is the main issue....would love to see a picture not so close up!
They will look tons better....Love the setting in general!! Very nice ring!

thangqdo

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/1/2006 11:05:13 PM
Author: Carlotta
At first I thought the same thing about the prongs, but I think the intense magnification is the main issue....would love to see a picture not so close up!
They will look tons better....Love the setting in general!! Very nice ring!
Thank you everyone for your feedback, I will get the prongs smooth out and shave down. Did you mean something like this in size of picture?
IMG_5631.jpg

pinkrose

Rough_Rock
beautiful ring! I''ve never seen so many different shapes of diamonds in one ring.

I agree though that the prongs are too big, they kind of obscure the diamond. Its a gorgeous center stone, I wouldn''t want too much prong too overwhelm the diamond.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice setting. Please show us what change you make to the prongs. They do look wide/fat for the stone. Of course we want to see more stone!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results