shape
carat
color
clarity

Please evaluate this diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

druggist

Rough_Rock
Link to diamond: Link

Ideal scope:
IS_GIA15269998.jpg

Not too happy with Ideal scope image. Lot of white in there.

Yah or nay?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very thin on the girdle could be very bad. And I think people have said that stones other than rounds show more color, so I might be afraid of a J in a princess. Have you seen any J princess stones?

dh97

Shiny_Rock
I don''t know about princess, but I don''t like very thin girdle either.

druggist

Rough_Rock
I''ve seen a K in princess, and I didn''t notice the color to it. Thats why I was ok with the J.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
what did they say about the ''very thin'' girdle? is this a stone you requested to be brought in, or one that was suggested?

druggist

Rough_Rock
I had them bring this one in. She hasn''t mentioned anything about the girdle being v. thin.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2006 6:04:05 PM
Author: druggist
I had them bring this one in. She hasn''t mentioned anything about the girdle being v. thin.
i wouldn''t worry so much about a ''very thin'' girdle on diamonds that are ''in house'' and have been evaluated but bringing in diamonds with a ''very thin'' girdle, especially princess stones, can be risky. you need to ask specifically how much and where the girdle is ''very thin'' before proceeding.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/29/2006 6:04:05 PM
Author: druggist
It is on the cert. I''d avoid very thin on called in stones just to be safe, especially on a princess.

druggist

Rough_Rock
What about the IS image? I know its not the greatest, but is it really poor?

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Dont worry about the central leakage patch - that is only going to effect the stone if you have one eye closed. Other than that the light return is very good.

The stone is not straight in the photo - it would look better if it was i think.

I did not open the link - but i would ask about the thin girdle - are the points thin? or insist that vendor sets the stone

druggist

Rough_Rock
White flash will be setting the stone. And I will ask about the v. thin girdle and what parts are very thin. I''m assuming the points chip easier? I''m gonna head to Whiteflash tomorrow and look at the stone myself.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results