shape
carat
color
clarity

Please don''t yell at me!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

candlelite80

Shiny_Rock
LOL I have another question for all of you, I know you must be sick of me by now but I trust your advice. I have another question about depth/table for princess diamonds. I seems that the general concensus is that princess cuts are harder to determine and they need to have all the necessary info presented before a good decision can be made. Unfortunately, although I wanted to go with Blue Nile for the whole piece I have decided to order the setting from them, order the diamond from another company, and then have my jeweler put them all together. It seems like the best option at this point. SO... it would be great if anyone could suggest a princess diamond for me. I am looking for princess diamond with a very good cut, color no lower than an H, clarity no lower than a VS2. I can spend no more than $7000-7500 and I would like the biggest diamond I can get for this price staying within these parameters... did I forget anything? If I did please let me know. I have searched for diamonds on Pricescope but since I don''t know anything about tables/depths and I am an admitted novice I feel like I don''t know what I am looking for. I wish I knew of some sort of trick that would tell me what tables/depths will make a nice diamond but for all my looking I haven''t found one. So, I would love any diamond suggestions you may have. Thank you all so much for answering my questions patiently and helping me out!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t believe Blue Nile sells their settings separately.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2007 3:07:39 PM
Author: JulieN
I don''t believe Blue Nile sells their settings separately.

unless something has chaged Julie is right, BN doesn''t sell the settings seperately.

candlelite80

Shiny_Rock
AAAHHHH!!! I am about to lose my mind. I cannot find a Blue Nile diamond princess cut diamond that is AGS and fits my criteria and I don''t want to give up on that setting, its what I really want and I haven''t seen any out there that I like as much... back to the drawing board....
33.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
candlelite, try mark t at engagmentringsdirect for the setting. i''ve heard he''s had some success getting in settings that seem to be hard to get. it''s at least worth a shot!!

BunniBling

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/27/2007 3:01:55 PM
Author:candlelite80
LOL I have another question for all of you, I know you must be sick of me by now but I trust your advice. I have another question about depth/table for princess diamonds. I seems that the general concensus is that princess cuts are harder to determine and they need to have all the necessary info presented before a good decision can be made. Unfortunately, although I wanted to go with Blue Nile for the whole piece I have decided to order the setting from them, order the diamond from another company, and then have my jeweler put them all together. It seems like the best option at this point. SO... it would be great if anyone could suggest a princess diamond for me. I am looking for princess diamond with a very good cut, color no lower than an H, clarity no lower than a VS2. I can spend no more than $7000-7500 and I would like the biggest diamond I can get for this price staying within these parameters... did I forget anything? If I did please let me know. I have searched for diamonds on Pricescope but since I don''t know anything about tables/depths and I am an admitted novice I feel like I don''t know what I am looking for. I wish I knew of some sort of trick that would tell me what tables/depths will make a nice diamond but for all my looking I haven''t found one. So, I would love any diamond suggestions you may have. Thank you all so much for answering my questions patiently and helping me out!
I''m not a princess expert, but perhaps the cut grading charts on www.gemappraisers.com will help you. Good luck!

-J

candlelite80

Shiny_Rock
mrssalvo, thanks for the recommendation I will go check out the site and see if they can help me

bunnibling, thanks for the site as well, I have actually been using that to try to find a nice GIA diamond on Blue Nile, but when I have posted them people have explained that GIA just doesn''t offer enough info to guarantee (sp?) a nice diamond and that I should stick with AGS, so I thought I would get the setting from BN and find an AGS princess somewhere else but it doesn''t seem that will be my solution either...
39.gif

BunniBling

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/27/2007 3:31:13 PM
Author: candlelite80
mrssalvo, thanks for the recommendation I will go check out the site and see if they can help me

bunnibling, thanks for the site as well, I have actually been using that to try to find a nice GIA diamond on Blue Nile, but when I have posted them people have explained that GIA just doesn''t offer enough info to guarantee (sp?) a nice diamond and that I should stick with AGS, so I thought I would get the setting from BN and find an AGS princess somewhere else but it doesn''t seem that will be my solution either...
39.gif

Oops! Nothing like stating the obvious, huh?
9.gif

I can imagine how frustrated you are. However, if anyone can help it''s this group of knowledgable PS folks. Stick w/ ''em

-J

Moosejaw

Shiny_Rock
Premium
After all of my research etc...eventhough it was a couple years ago when I purchased my ring...

When you factor in the cost of a nice setting, great stone, possible tax etc...here is what I would buy in your price range:..let me know what you think. It is available for purchase, and it is amazing, and in your budget.

I think someones people look too much to size, and not enough in the setting. I would want to know the exact specs of this ring before I purchased, but I doubt Leon would put something bad in one of his rings. Looks like a beauty. This stone is 1.09 ct.

leoncushion99.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Why not buy a AGS0 princess from WF and either have them make you a custom setting similar to the one you like to have ERD make you a setting? You really can''t go wrong with those folks, they will find you a nice stone and can make a beautiful setting for a reasonable price.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Another idea, Candlelite. Blue Nile has a great 30 day return policy. I suggest ordering one of their ideal or signature ideal cut diamonds in the setting you want. Then examine it and decide if you want to keep it. Seems simpler to me. You won''t have proof ahead of time of getting the perfect perfect cut, but chances are it will be really great anyhow. Seems to me this is what you are looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results