shape
carat
color
clarity

PLEASE don't eBay after taking sleeping pills...

Or, you might end up like me. Waking up to the stellar news that I won a diamond....

I also apparently bid on some other horrendous stones. The one and only thing that I really remember is that I was looking for stones to use in stacking rings. However, these are so ugly that one of them looks like somebody pooped in the diamond. :???:

This has happened before a few times (over 5 years), and I send ridiculously low offers and they never get accepted. WELL! This time it did. So I've won one diamond so far, and I'm bidding on like 5 others right now- AND WINNING. Thankfully, the poo diamond I am not winning someone outbid me.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
oh my god, I'm laughing pretty loudly right now. I'm so sorry for you sleep-induced unfortunate predicament, but this is sort of hilarous. I wish you luck (in getting outbid!)

And here is the poo diamond. It looks like there is a giant turd in it. Kind of endearing...

it's .30 and going for $30 right now :naughty: hahaha

Screen shot 2011-07-20 at 12.47.30 PM.png

NewEnglandLady|1311184301|2973106 said:
oh my god, I'm laughing pretty loudly right now. I'm so sorry for you sleep-induced unfortunate predicament, but this is sort of hilarous. I wish you luck (in getting outbid!)

Hey if I can save just ONE person the same fate as me.. ebaying while on Lunesta, it was worth telling my story.

I am pretty sure WHY I bid on these stones. I've always thought that a lot of etsy dealers buy terrible diamonds and then try to sell them for a chunk of cash. Maybe I was helping them out by just bringing the terrible stone to them? :lol: :lol:

OOH I just remembered another thing.. I was set on buying 20 pairs of fake eyelashes to wear. UM.. I don't wear fake eyelashes. I think I should check my emails now to make sure i didn't purchase any :???:

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
It's like the opposite of a "diamond in the rough".......a "poo in the diamond". The winning bidder is probably rolling on something a lot stronger than lunesta.

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
bean|1311185450|2973131 said:
OOH I just remembered another thing.. I was set on buying 20 pairs of fake eyelashes to wear. UM.. I don't wear fake eyelashes. I think I should check my emails now to make sure i didn't purchase any :???:

BUHAHAHAHAHA! How awesome! We need an ebay regrets thread. I have a few.

kelpie|1311185581|2973135 said:
bean|1311185450|2973131 said:

BUHAHAHAHAHA! How awesome! We need an ebay regrets thread. I have a few.

Do share :)

kelpie|1311185507|2973132 said:
It's like the opposite of a "diamond in the rough".......a "poo in the diamond". The winning bidder is probably rolling on something a lot stronger than lunesta.

I used to take ambien, and after a trip to the ER for hearing voices and seeing things... I don't/ can't take it anymore. :bigsmile:

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
How about 144 of these? Oh, yeah they oink when they're on (well the ones that weren't DOA).

That was my husbands indiscretion. Though I am guilty of buying some pleather pirate boots with 7" heels.

Pig-LED-Flashlight-and-Keychain_992-l.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG this thread is soo funny.

Most of that pink diamond is actually very nice.

SWD is not a crime. (shopping while drunk)

kelpie|1311186622|2973151 said:
How about 144 of these? Oh, yeah they oink when they're on (well the ones that weren't DOA).

That was my husbands indiscretion. Though I am guilty of buying some pleather pirate boots with 7" heels.

Ooo :) ok this just brightened my day! What did you do with 144 of the piggies?

Kenny, unfortunately the seller has other small pink diamonds too... Some that I'm winning. I think I bid on 11 or 12 last night. Some are even worse than the poo diamond.

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
bean|1311187011|2973156 said:

Ooo :) ok this just brightened my day! What did you do with 144 of the piggies?

Amazingly enough we are actually out of working ones! Every time my husband would use it someone would say, "OMG where did you get that?" and he'd give them one. Then he gave one to a friend whose son is obsessed with pigs and the kid developed a routine where he would lay in bed every night and read a storybook about pigs by oinking pig flashlight under his blankey. That was the kid who went through most of them as the batteries can't be changed. :bigsmile:

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
kelpie|1311184648|2973115 said:
I just came on here to say the same thing.

You haven't seen the bad stuff I've bought on eBay while drunk. Ugh.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
bean|1311187156|2973158 said:
Kenny, unfortunately the seller has other small pink diamonds too... Some that I'm winning. I think I bid on 11 or 12 last night. Some are even worse than the poo diamond.
Oh, don't call it the poo diamond
You could name it Winney, or The Hope-less diamond. :bigsmile:

Or call it the Pink Cognac Diamond.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
What is it about those pigs and kids?? My daughter (3 at the time) saw one at Bed, Bath & Beyond and BEGGED me for one. Almost 18m later and she STILL drags that d*m* pig with her everywhere. Heaven forbid we should misplace "Oinkers"...though knowing that I can get a pallet of them on eBay is a comforting thought, lol!

Bean, hoping that you're outbid often and don't end up with a bunch of dogs....errr...pigs....err...eyelashes???

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
bean|1311185837|2973139 said:
kelpie|1311185507|2973132 said:

I used to take ambien, and after a trip to the ER for hearing voices and seeing things... I don't/ can't take it anymore. :bigsmile:
bean...take 10 ambien and the stone will look like a VVS1... :lol: ...btw; congrats on the winning bid.. :bigsmile:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep. That's an EGL VVS1!!!

333.png

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock

OMG KELPIE I used to have one of those and someone stole it!!!!!!!!!!! I collect piggies! I would totally paypal you a dollar for one if I had your email lol. WANT!

::goes to stalk ebay::

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
bean|1311184321|2973107 said:
And here is the poo diamond. It looks like there is a giant turd in it. Kind of endearing...

it's .30 and going for $30 right now :naughty: hahaha

So is this the diamond you won?

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Similar thing has happened to me :lol: :lol: :lol: I have a two month old baby who has problems sleeping at night due to colics. And when she finally does sleep, I can't because i'm too stressed out, nervous and...freaked out! So the other day i decided to take a tiny little teaspoon of Atarax syrup, a medicine that the doctor had given to my ten year old daughter in order to help her sleep while she was sick with a terrible coughing. It's supposed to calm you down and it can also reduce symptoms such as itchiness from allergies, spastic coughing, etc.
So when the baby finally went to sleep, i fell asleep pretty easily too! One hour after: Ouaaaaa.... :evil: she's up and running again :errrr: So i went to the living room couch, sat down with her lying on my shoulder and i decided to check out E-bay. Big mistake...huge :D I ended up bidding on two saphires (i won both of them :lol: ) AND a 1 carat total weight diamond tennis bracelet, set in 14 kt white gold. It seems that i won the bracelet too and now i'm waiting for it to be delivered so that i can make some damage estimation :lol: Well, to tell you the truth, i think that these might turn out to be good buys after all, but it's true that i jumped on them without quite realizing what i was doing due to the medicine... :D
When i receive the goodies i'll post pictures =)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Me too! I bought a LOTR setting once without any recollection of bidding on it. And a diamond pendant (that I am giving my MIL for Christmas as I have no earthly idea what else to do with it) just a couple of months ago.

NO EBAY late at night!

Bean you crack me up. That diamond is an eyesore! What about the one you won though?

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
you guys make me laugh.... :bigsmile: great thread!

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Reminds me of when my hubby was drunk bidding, "oh honey someone will outbid me", so now we have a Harley.

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
I take ambien every night.
I don't shop online...but I do eat fast food burgers (when my fiance will drive me there...)
The strange part is: I don't eat red meat. :confused:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bean you should unplug your computer before you go to bed - would make one more step you'd have to do before you bid on yucky stuff!

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
We have that piggie too. My son LOVES LOVES LOVES it!!!!

I thought I was the only person who shopped while on sleeping pills. I used to take Ambien but I found out that I would do all sorts of things while on it. I bought so much crap from infomercials---never remembered ordering. And the amounts of food I would eat. There would be wrappers all over my house in the morning. Freaky.

That poo diamond is so funny :lol: It really looks like a lump of poo!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results