shape
carat
color
clarity

Please critique these 2 stones

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

thejadewoman

Rough_Rock
Hi guys,

This is my first post, though I''ve been lurking here for quite a while ;-)

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-150433.htm#
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/2451/

Am contemplating between these 2 stones. Please help me by commenting on pros and cons of each, and which you''d choose.

Big difference in size for similar proportions (or so it seems to me, please feel free to disagree!)...so am I trading off size for clarity, polish and symmetry?

Thanks in advance for helping me out!
1.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The trade-off is size versus clarity. You wouldn't be able to tell vg from ex/ideal on the polish and symmetry. There are many here who disagree with me, but I'd far rather have a 2.1 ct. I VS2 than a 2.5 I SI2. Even if it is eyeclean, I just psychologically prefer higher clarity than SI2, even though I know several girls here love their SI2's.

ETA: Welcome to PS!!!
35.gif

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
I would choose the better clarity WF diamond personally but only you can decide which is better for you.

thejadewoman

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the welcome
1.gif
and your replies!

How about the cut of both stones, guys? Which one ''s better in that department? Which looks better apart from the clarity issue? I have a thing for stones with big flashes!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both have great cuts and are hearts and arrows stones. I imagine their appearance would be very, very similar except for the size. The WF stone has slightly fatter arrows, for what it''s worth. I don''t think there''d be much visible difference.

Unearthed

Shiny_Rock
Be interesting to see that SI2 because if it is even nearly eye-clean that''s a nice price for that size and cut.

thejadewoman

Rough_Rock
Seriously doubt it is at all eye clean...but it''s all about a trade off isn''t it.

I would really be happier with an eye clean SI1. Somehow I''ve never seen an eye clean SI2. Can you sharp eyed people judge from the pictures whether it is likely to be more or less eye clean?

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/26/2007 1:29:35 AM
Author: thejadewoman
Seriously doubt it is at all eye clean...but it''s all about a trade off isn''t it.

I would really be happier with an eye clean SI1. Somehow I''ve never seen an eye clean SI2. Can you sharp eyed people judge from the pictures whether it is likely to be more or less eye clean?
Just call and ask GOG, they''ll tell you how eye-clean or not it is . . .

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results