shape
carat
color
clarity

please comment on these diamonds...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

antiquediamond

Rough_Rock
Both GIA certified, Round

A. 1.04, F, SI1 (very clean)
Depth: 61.5
Table: 59
Girdle: Medium-Sl. Thick
Culet: None
Polish: good
Symmetry: very good
Flour: none
6.43 x 6.49 x 3.97
$4,670

B. 1.21, I, SI1 (very clean)
Depth: 60
Table: 59
Girdle: Medium-Sl. Thick
Culet: None
Polish: very good
Symmetry: excellent
Flour: none
6.91 x 6.95 x 4.16
$4,890

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well that is limited info, can you get crown and pavilion angles?

I personally like the second stone. It's noticeably larger...and the dimensions look closer to what a 1.25c should be (around 7mm x 4.2mm) while the first stone is a little small for a 1.04c so you may be losing a tad bit of that ctw in the depth. Without more #'s...really hard to tell. Plus the 2nd stone has better polish and symmetry.

1.gif
Have you seen the stones in person or is it an online purchase? Got pictures or more info?

antiquediamond

Rough_Rock
Yes, I saw them both in person today. GIA doesn't provide that crown and pavillion angles on the report though. so how do I get them? They both looked beautiful. But I must admit that I'm glad you like the 1.21 better.
Up_to_something.gif
With that info., and providing the angles look good, do you think the price sounds fair and is it an absolute sin to go down to I. Be honest... I could barely tell the difference between an F and an I side by side and neither could my friend.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
You need a Sarin report to get the crown and pav angles. Ask the vendor and see what they say.

I think the price sounds excellent esp for an offline purchase and for an eye clean SI1. If the cut is good on the stone, the 'I' will face up whiter than a typical maul-cut 'I'...so you should be more than fine there. I have seen an older cut 'I' in platinum and it looked white to me. Also my fiance and I could not see a whit of difference in color between my G stone and an E stone, unset, side by side...so color is entirely dependent on your eyes. 'I' is a great color for a compromise, e.g. getting a larger stone or a better cut..definitely acceptable!

1.gif

antiquediamond

Rough_Rock
http://www.mwmjewelry.com/recent-work.html

It's the hearthrob ring, 4th one down, that I'm hoping for!! I tried it on and loved it, especially w/ the wedding band. I've been communicating w/ Mark Morell via email and deciding between:
the ring the way it is (never liked 6 prongs before trying this one)
the same ring w/ four prongs
same heart prongs w/ a basket or x setting
Decisions, decisions. The choice has definitely been narrowed down. I'm not allowed to look at any more settings ever again anyway!
Any suggestions or cool ideas people have would be greatly appreciated.
Still don't know how much the setting will be. Curious as to what others would pay. Very beautful, very heavy, amazing craftsmanship and polish. Just like the photo. Silly me forgot to ask as it was already set with a 1.14 H SI1 (not sure of the specs) when I tried it on. Jeweler wanted $7300 for diamond and setting.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results