shape
carat
color
clarity

Please comment on the following:

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dazedandconfused09

Rough_Rock
Been lurking for a while now and I hope you folks can help me...

http://www.whiteflash.com/princess/Princess-cut-diamond-50959.htm

The G color is turning me off a bit, but it''s probably because I have too high of a standard set in my head and lack of experience with diamonds. I know G is not "colorless", but is this "colorless" to the naked eye? I will have this set in platinum 3 sided pave setting.

Thanks in advance!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/1/2009 3:09:59 PM
Author:dazedandconfused09

The G color is turning me off a bit, but it's probably because I have too high of a standard set in my head and lack of experience with diamonds. I know G is not 'colorless', but is this 'colorless' to the naked eye? I will have this set in platinum 3 sided pave setting.

Thanks in advance!

It looks like a very nice diamond - a G colour will be extremely white and this colour grade ( GIA or AGS) looks colourless to me! I think a G colour can be an excellent choice particularly with an excellent cut. WF do have a return policy in case of the remote possibility you weren't happy but many find G to be a great balance of quality and price.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A G diamond that is well cut and accurately graded (as the Whiteflash stone) will be colourless. I doubt you'll see any hint of yellow in it. Do not confuse this with the mall G coloured diamonds. Most of those are not well cut and the grading is loose, so their G may not appear as white.

dazedandconfused09

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the inputs so far! Anyone else before pulling the trigger?

Diamond Explorer

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I like it. It seems like a heck of a deal. I would take it quick. Dont Worry about the G color, this will be a bright white stunner for sure!

evansjm1

Shiny_Rock
I wouldn''t worry about the G color. I have an I color, VS1, AGS0 ideal and have put it next to my F, VS2 and cannot tell the difference..or maybe the slightest difference that you would never notice unless they are literally right next to each other. As long as you are in the near colorless category with excellent cut and clarity, the stone will look great.

Good luck!

dazedandconfused09

Rough_Rock
Do you guys feel that the table: 75.1% and depth 72.9% are a little towards the high end based on the ''Princess Cut Chart'' in the tutorial section? Thanks again!

Diamond Explorer

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I don''t think its too deep, and the table is large but good for a princess cut.

You can never tell it all by the numbers with fancy cuts especially. The cert was from 2005 probably before the newest guidelines for cut performance in princess cuts had been released. I still think this stone is a heck of a deal being internally flawless. The cut seems excellent to me. It might not be quite as optimized as something a top cutter would make today, but still a very rare and beautifully cut diamond.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
G color is no problem. My I color princess looks nice and white!

Nothing wrong with the depth...the table is on the larger size, since we usually look for a table smaller than the depth, but the ASET is far more informative than the depth/table. This ASET is pretty good...probably the best looking one that WF has in the 1ct range right now. It''s not top-notch (a little too much green and not enough red), but it''s hard to say if there would be a noticeable visual difference between that and one with more red...say, like this stone:
http://www.whiteflash.com/aca_princess/Whiteflash-ACA-Princess-cut-diamond-664431.htm# - not the same size/specs as the one you''re looking at, but just an example of a good princess ASET.

Any reason you''re going for an IF? You could save a ton of money by dropping clarity a bunch of grades, but then you''d have to search elsewhere or wait until WF gets more stock...

dazedandconfused09

Rough_Rock
Thank you again, especially you, Jon.

jstarfireb, IF is not my selling point, I just saw it and I thought wow, plus it was an ''Expert Pick'' on the WF search site.

My top concern is cut, then color, clarity, then size. I''ve been searching for a while and I can''t seem to find that "ideal"combination. Also, I really don''t know where to sacrifice but still get quality and value on the stone. I''ve done research and countless of nights and days at work, yikes, sorting through threads here on PS, but all that did was confuse me even more, hence my screen name. I would greatly appreciate the help that anyone can provide. My GF wants a platinum 3 sided pave setting, so that''s at least $1500 - $2000 on my budget; that leaves $6500 to $7000 frmo my budget. She also wants a minimum of a carat. Please help?!?!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2009 11:03:48 PM
Author: dazedandconfused09

jstarfireb, IF is not my selling point, I just saw it and I thought wow, plus it was an ''Expert Pick'' on the WF search site.

My top concern is cut, then color, clarity, then size. I''ve been searching for a while and I can''t seem to find that ''ideal''combination. Also, I really don''t know where to sacrifice but still get quality and value on the stone. I''ve done research and countless of nights and days at work, yikes, sorting through threads here on PS, but all that did was confuse me even more, hence my screen name. I would greatly appreciate the help that anyone can provide. My GF wants a platinum 3 sided pave setting, so that''s at least $1500 - $2000 on my budget; that leaves $6500 to $7000 frmo my budget. She also wants a minimum of a carat. Please help?!?!

I know what you mean...the diamond I loved happened to be VVS2, and while I wasn''t particularly going for such high clarity, it was just the one.

Like we said, that diamond is really pretty, not a bad one at all! But if I had my choice with your parameters, I''d go for something like these
1.03 F/VS2 Canadian
1.05 F/SI1 - check if it''s eyeclean
1.01 F/VS1 - a little of a different look (should have fewer, broader flashes than the other 2 due to fewer chevrons in the pavilion)

If you buy from GOG, they could help you find a great 3-sided pave setting there. Or just buy the diamond from GOG and have it sent to WF to be set in one of these in platinum.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/1/2009 11:51:47 PM
Author: jstarfireb

Date: 4/1/2009 11:03:48 PM

My top concern is cut, then color, clarity, then size. I''ve been searching for a while and I can''t seem to find that ''ideal''combination. Also, I really don''t know where to sacrifice but still get quality and value on the stone. I''ve done research and countless of nights and days at work, yikes, sorting through threads here on PS, but all that did was confuse me even more, hence my screen name. I would greatly appreciate the help that anyone can provide. My GF wants a platinum 3 sided pave setting, so that''s at least $1500 - $2000 on my budget; that leaves $6500 to $7000 frmo my budget. She also wants a minimum of a carat. Please help?!?!

I know what you mean...the diamond I loved happened to be VVS2, and while I wasn''t particularly going for such high clarity, it was just the one.

Like we said, that diamond is really pretty, not a bad one at all! But if I had my choice with your parameters, I''d go for something like these
1.03 F/VS2 Canadian
1.05 F/SI1 - check if it''s eyeclean
1.01 F/VS1 - a little of a different look (should have fewer, broader flashes than the other 2 due to fewer chevrons in the pavilion)

If you buy from GOG, they could help you find a great 3-sided pave setting there. Or just buy the diamond from GOG and have it sent to WF to be set in one of these in platinum.
Nice pics doc!

dazedandconfused09

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the suggestions jstarfireb!

So, between the Canadian (I''m assuming this means that the stone is in Canada???) and the original WF which has more value, fire, sparkle, etc.?

Still open to more comments and suggestions!

Thanks!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/2/2009 8:51:42 AM
Thanks for the suggestions jstarfireb!

So, between the Canadian (I''m assuming this means that the stone is in Canada???) and the original WF which has more value, fire, sparkle, etc.?

Still open to more comments and suggestions!

Thanks!
My choice would be the Canadian Jstar linked.

dazedandconfused09

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the quick response, Lorelei! i don''t mean to drag this out too much, but what would be your reason to choose the Canadian?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/2/2009 9:02:26 AM
Thanks for the quick response, Lorelei! i don't mean to drag this out too much, but what would be your reason to choose the Canadian?
Most welcome! The Canadian has the finer cut to me plus F VS2 is a lovely colour and clarity combo which I would rather have than IF. This diamond also has the coveted AGS0 cut grade and the diamond quality document which is AGS lab's premier diamond document. The second has the diamond quality report from AGS and no cut grade as is usual - it is a very fine diamond but the first has the edge to me. But both are excellent diamonds, it just depends on which you prefer.

dazedandconfused09

Rough_Rock
Lorelei, do you feel that the inclusion in the "Canadian" is a thing of concern or am I just making a big deal of it because I can see it through magnification?

Thanks as always!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/2/2009 10:13:07 AM
Lorelei, do you feel that the inclusion in the ''Canadian'' is a thing of concern or am I just making a big deal of it because I can see it through magnification?

Thanks as always!
I don''t think you need to worry, just ask Jon the vendor if that inclusion is visible to the eye - he will be completely honest with you. Also the pics are greatly magnified as you know, bear in mind the diamond is of similar size to an eraser on top of a pencil, so very unlikely you will see it in real life - but ask Jon to make sure!

And you are most welcome!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
You shouldn''t be able to see ANYTHING in a VS2. I''d go with the canadian too, just based on the video. What a stunner!

dazedandconfused09

Rough_Rock
Hello again, Everyone!

So, based on recommendations from fellow members, I''ve decided to reserve the Canadian.

I was wondering if I can get anymore positive or negative (these are usually the best
19.gif
) comments on the stone before I proceed with it.

Also, does anybody know the procedure (have the experience) with sending the stone to WF for the setting and how long does the whole process usually take?

As always, I truly appreciate all of your help!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/3/2009 12:02:16 PM
Hello again, Everyone!

So, based on recommendations from fellow members, I''ve decided to reserve the Canadian.

I was wondering if I can get anymore positive or negative (these are usually the best
19.gif
) comments on the stone before I proceed with it.

Also, does anybody know the procedure (have the experience) with sending the stone to WF for the setting and how long does the whole process usually take?

As always, I truly appreciate all of your help!
Congrats!!! You have made a wonderful choice!! As to having WF set the diamond I would ask Jon as to the logistics and possible timeframes.

dazedandconfused09

Rough_Rock
Thank you, Lorelei! You have been very helpful during this process.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/3/2009 12:12:16 PM
Thank you, Lorelei! You have been very helpful during this process.
Its my pleasure to help you, I have really enjoyed it!
35.gif

dazedandconfused09

Rough_Rock

Hello All-

I just received the BrillianceScope for this stone that I currently have in reserve. I was wondering, how much does the BrillianceScope factor into the decision considering the numerous reports and tools available? Also, are these "scores" considered quality?

Thanks!

BS_dazedandconfused09.JPG

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/4/2009 1:33:12 AM

Hello All-

I just received the BrillianceScope for this stone that I currently have in reserve. I was wondering, how much does the BrillianceScope factor into the decision considering the numerous reports and tools available? Also, are these 'scores' considered quality?

Thanks!

I am not sure how high top cut Princess usually score on these, I do know sometimes it can score diamonds low for scintillation when it isn't actually the case - Jon would be able to tell you . I can assure you however that is one of the best cut Princess and therefore beautiful Princess you can get so I know you will be delighted with it!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hi DandC, just wanted to drop in to say I purchased a stone from GOG and had it sent it to WF for setting...it was all
very quick and easy, seamless. The only thing I will suggest, especially as you have a princess cut, is to insure your stone against damage during
the setting process.
I don''t mean in any way to worry you, it is a very rare occurence - but is always a small possibility.
If you don''t already have an insurer, do a quick search here - there''s tons of threads on the topic
5.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2009 11:08:57 AM
Author: arjunajane
Hi DandC, just wanted to drop in to say I purchased a stone from GOG and had it sent it to WF for setting...it was all
very quick and easy, seamless. The only thing I will suggest, especially as you have a princess cut, is to insure your stone against damage during
the setting process.
I don''t mean in any way to worry you, it is a very rare occurence - but is always a small possibility.
If you don''t already have an insurer, do a quick search here - there''s tons of threads on the topic
5.gif
Or, just have WF send the setting to GOG, and they''ll cover it while it''s being set.

JasonFaber

Rough_Rock

The G color is turning me off a bit, but it''s probably because I have too high of a standard set in my head and lack of experience with diamonds. I know G is not ''colorless'', but is this ''colorless'' to the naked eye? I will have this set in platinum 3 sided pave setting.

Thanks in advance!

Not a bad Princess cut. There are obviously ones out there with better images, but you will be paying even more for them.

AST_AGS-6849606.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/4/2009 12:30:47 PM
Author: JasonFaber

The G color is turning me off a bit, but it's probably because I have too high of a standard set in my head and lack of experience with diamonds. I know G is not 'colorless', but is this 'colorless' to the naked eye? I will have this set in platinum 3 sided pave setting.

Thanks in advance!

Not a bad Princess cut. There are obviously ones out there with better images, but you will be paying even more for them.
Jason, dazedandconfused isn't buying this diamond in case that is what you are thinking, he has selected a different one.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results