shape
carat
color
clarity

PLEASE COME TO MY MONSTER SLAYING PARTY!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
EXCELLENT NEWS!!!!

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Yay LS!!! Glad you''re doing well!!!
35.gif
36.gif

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish I had an emotie for slaying a dragon, but since I do not YAY! for a successful surgery and lots of dust for continued recovery and recuperation!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/24/2009 9:00:51 AM
Author: LostSapphire
AND THE PARTY''S STILL GOING ON!

(Just a mini-update so you all know everything is good - no need to respond!)

I am SO ENJOYING recovery and improved wellness!

There''s a ways to go yet, as my brain is still tires quite easily. I feel like I''m running in 1st or 2nd gear, instead of with everything working full-out. That will come with time. Will probably be off work for another month or so. The pain levels are reasonably good for about 5 out of 7 days/week. I imagine that will improve as well.

9.gif

LS
Thanks for checking in! I''m glad to hear you''re continuing to recover!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the update! We're all still thinking of you!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I''m ''over the moon'' happy for you!! How wonderfully sweet it must be for you to have just a little pain, rather than what you had been enduring.

Prayers will continue for your recovery; congratulations!!!

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
I can''t believe I missed this thread! Let''s keep the party going!
36.gif
36.gif

8368~Celebration-Posters.jpg

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Hey! Sorry to be late to thread, but this must be a tremendous relief to you and your family. I wish you many more years of good health!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
dothewave.gif
dothewave.gif
dothewave.gif
dothewave.gif
dothewave.gif

Yay! That''s FANTASTIC NEWS!!!
yetanotherdancyguy.gif

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 8:45:54 AM
Author: geckodani
dothewave.gif
dothewave.gif
dothewave.gif
dothewave.gif
dothewave.gif

Yay! That''s FANTASTIC NEWS!!!
yetanotherdancyguy.gif
Hi Gecko!
35.gif

How did the move go? All done?

LS

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 9:02:30 AM
Hi Gecko!
35.gif

LS
99% done. We''re going over tonight to the old place to haul out the stuff destined for Good Will, wipe down the cabinets and steam clean the entry way (it''s pretty bad
14.gif
). Once the carpet dries we can turn in the old keys and be DONE!

The new apartment is SO much BIGGER! It''s awesome!

Now if I could just get everything put away....

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 9:22:08 AM

Date: 2/25/2009 9:02:30 AM
Hi Gecko!
35.gif

LS
99% done. We''re going over tonight to the old place to haul out the stuff destined for Good Will, wipe down the cabinets and steam clean the entry way (it''s pretty bad
14.gif
). Once the carpet dries we can turn in the old keys and be DONE!

The new apartment is SO much BIGGER! It''s awesome!

Now if I could just get everything put away....
WOW you guys are good people.....so many leave things in a mess and never return to clean up the last bits of their dirt. How nice of you to even steam clean the entry.
12.gif

It''ll be easier on you putting things away because you have so much more ROOM to maneuver! (HINT: do the kitchen first, you''ll feel so "moved in" once that''s done).

LS

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 9:34:51 AM

WOW you guys are good people.....so many leave things in a mess and never return to clean up the last bits of their dirt. How nice of you to even steam clean the entry.
12.gif

It'll be easier on you putting things away because you have so much more ROOM to maneuver! (HINT: do the kitchen first, you'll feel so 'moved in' once that's done).

LS
Heh. I want my security deposit back.
11.gif

About the kitcken ... it is GINORMOUS compared to our old little galley kitchen - but I lack drawers, LOL! Cabinet space, yes, drawer space - no. My cutlery trays don't fit in the drawers we have so the silverware is out on the counter until I get smaller ones (today, I am GOING to do that today!!!).

The place is almost put together, and really all we need to unpack is all the books.... and hang pictures... and figure out what to do about no drawers in the master bath. 2 sinks - but no drawers. It's odd. LOL. I think the designers had something against drawers.
3.gif

Overall we just have so much more elbow room! I was actually zooming around the place with my arms out like an airplane - because I COULD without running into something.
9.gif

ETA: You're right though -the silverware out is odd. Once the kitchen is squared away - it'll feel more like home!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
35.gif

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
I''m late to the party but WOO HOO
36.gif
36.gif

Here''s to the Monster''s demise
Cheers!!!!!
Oh pooh can''t post my flute of Bubbly (Fan''s of Kath and Kim (the real ones )will know what I am talking about)

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/15/2009 12:55:40 PM

ETA to the above, to save you from reading through 25+ pages trying to figure out what went on here:

I have had severe facial/jaw pain for almost 4 years, resulting in numerous surgeries on my jaw, gums, teeth, etc etc.

Was finally diagnosed with Atypical Trigeminal Neuralgia in November 2008. Medications were not helping.

January 20, 2009 I had a ''MicroVascular Decompression'' (MVD for short). This neurosurgery went into my brain stem and disentangled my trigeminal nerve from a large artery that was pressing on it.

That''s the short version. It is now 25 days post-op, and my symptoms are finally going AWAY. YAY.

AND NOW, LET''S GET BACK TO THE PARTY!
emotion-19.gif
emstar.gif
emgift.gif
emcake.gif
emhot.gif
emrainbow.gif
emotion-33.gif

emlove.gif
LS

I caqnt begin to say how great the ending of your story is. Im so happy for you. Now time to par- tay!!!!!
36.gif
35.gif
11.gif
9.gif

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 11:55:26 PM
Author: katebar
36.gif
36.gif

Cheers!!!!!
Oh pooh can''t post my flute of Bubbly (Fan''s of Kath and Kim (the real ones )will know what I am talking about)
YEP, HE''S GOOD AND DEAD!!!
9.gif
36.gif
9.gif
36.gif
9.gif
36.gif

LS

Foo169.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/26/2009 8:13:23 AM

36.gif
36.gif

Cheers!!!!!
9.gif
36.gif
9.gif
36.gif
9.gif
36.gif

LS
woohoo.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2009 8:20:20 AM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 2/26/2009 8:13:23 AM

36.gif
36.gif

Cheers!!!!!
9.gif
36.gif
9.gif
36.gif
9.gif
36.gif

LS
woohoo.gif
Happy%20Congratulations.gif
Party%20for%20Skippy.gif
Happy%20Congratulations.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I''m still dancin.
9.gif
egyptian.gif
party.gif
egyptian.gif

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2009 11:18:19 AM
I''m still dancin.
9.gif
egyptian.gif
party.gif
egyptian.gif
Hi Gecko!
35.gif

Nice to see you! Are you all unpacked and moved in to the new place yet? Are you enjoying all of the extra room you have now?

I''m dancing too....things are progressing well. It is now 7 weeks post op. The Neurosurg and Neurologist both had a look at me last week and their advice was "keep doing what you''re doing" but "remember you''re still fragile" whatever that means!

I''ve started going in to work a few hours every couple of days. I find after about 4 hours of driving in and meetings at the office, I am TOTALLY WIPED AND BRAIN DEAD!
9.gif
This is something to be expected, I experienced the same issues with the brain surgery 15 yrs ago. It''s the brain trying to heal itself. You can''t make it ''go faster'' you just have to follow its lead and let things happen.

I would say that about 75% of the original pain is gone. I have occasional days that are pain-free, but there continues to be extreme numbness at the front of my mouth. This may or may not settle down, as things are still happening inside there...

But I am truly grateful for this surgery and hope to be 100% myself soon. More than anything I am going squirrelly crazy at home so going back in to work is a good thing! (it''s either that or I online shop all day and heaven knows the kind of trouble a girl could get into!).

Thanks for keeping tabs on me. I''m gettin'' there!

LS

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2009 12:07:53 PM

Date: 3/10/2009 11:18:19 AM
I''m still dancin.
9.gif
egyptian.gif
party.gif
egyptian.gif
Hi Gecko!
35.gif

Nice to see you! Are you all unpacked and moved in to the new place yet? Are you enjoying all of the extra room you have now?

I''m dancing too....things are progressing well. It is now 7 weeks post op. The Neurosurg and Neurologist both had a look at me last week and their advice was ''keep doing what you''re doing'' but ''remember you''re still fragile'' whatever that means!

I''ve started going in to work a few hours every couple of days. I find after about 4 hours of driving in and meetings at the office, I am TOTALLY WIPED AND BRAIN DEAD!
9.gif
This is something to be expected, I experienced the same issues with the brain surgery 15 yrs ago. It''s the brain trying to heal itself. You can''t make it ''go faster'' you just have to follow its lead and let things happen.

I would say that about 75% of the original pain is gone. I have occasional days that are pain-free, but there continues to be extreme numbness at the front of my mouth. This may or may not settle down, as things are still happening inside there...

But I am truly grateful for this surgery and hope to be 100% myself soon. More than anything I am going squirrelly crazy at home so going back in to work is a good thing! (it''s either that or I online shop all day and heaven knows the kind of trouble a girl could get into!).

Thanks for keeping tabs on me. I''m gettin'' there!

LS
Giant gecko eating irons come from that!
2.gif

We''re moved, and we''re 99.9% done hanging things and putting stuff away. It''ll get there! I posted pics of the master and the kitchen in the shopping area, and will do the rest this weekend!

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2009 12:47:20 PM

Giant gecko eating irons come from that!
2.gif

We''re moved, and we''re 99.9% done hanging things and putting stuff away. It''ll get there! I posted pics of the master and the kitchen in the shopping area, and will do the rest this weekend!
OK you got me.

I''ll go take a look in shopping....though I know that''s dangerous territory for me.

LS

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2009 12:07:53 PM

It is now 7 weeks post op. The Neurosurg and Neurologist both had a look at me last week and their advice was 'keep doing what you're doing' but 'remember you're still fragile' whatever that means!

I've started going in to work a few hours every couple of days. I find after about 4 hours of driving in and meetings at the office, I am TOTALLY WIPED AND BRAIN DEAD!
9.gif
This is something to be expected, I experienced the same issues with the brain surgery 15 yrs ago. It's the brain trying to heal itself. You can't make it 'go faster' you just have to follow its lead and let things happen.

But I am truly grateful for this surgery and hope to be 100% myself soon. More than anything I am going squirrelly crazy at home so going back in to work is a good thing! (it's either that or I online shop all day and heaven knows the kind of trouble a girl could get into!).

Thanks for keeping tabs on me. I'm gettin' there!

LS
emotion-19.gif
FINAL UPDATE
emotion-19.gif
(unless something significant changes!)
9.gif

Some of you have been asking how things are progressing. So to avoid a threadjack in someone else's thread, here's the scoop:
36.gif

March 10th was 7 wks post-op. 75% better??? How about 100% of the original pain is GONE!!!!!. The numbness at the front of my mouth has almost disappeared since my dentist made me a mouthguard that keeps the front of my teeth from grinding against each other.

I am now enjoying days after days after days of painfree living. I think we can now call it: I got my 2nd miracle. Thank you God.

I'm back at work for almost full days. Still have severe brain fatigue after about 5 pm but that is improving. I have to watch my boundaries and restrict all mental stimulation after work or I get overloaded and shut down.

This past week I started going for short hikes and trying to get more physically active. Will have to give it another 3 months before I can do really intense cardio or anything but that's ok.

emrose.gif
Thanks to all of you who have been so kind and caring as to keep track of me. It has been quite a journey, and I am blessed to have you along with me. You have no idea what it has meant to me to read your posts and encouraging notes when things were really bleak. I almost didn't think I'd get through this one. But lo and behold, this CAT has used up another one of her 9 lives!

emlove.gif

LS (Cat)

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Oops, just realized I hadn''t served up the cake for the party! Here ya go!

foo209.jpg

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LS: I haven't yet figured out the emotie thing with my new computer,
20.gif
but...

That is such terrific news! Absolutely unbelievable news, really! Thank you for the incredible update!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s absolutely amazing news LS! I''m thrilled for you!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
wonderful, LS, just wonderful.

one more huge hurdle overcome by an amazing woman.

God bless you always!

:)

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am so glad to hear you are going from strength to strength. Its encouraging to know there are no limits on miracles too. Bless you!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results