• Diamond Option 1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Diamond Option 2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

PattsyStone

Rough_Rock
Hello!

Thank you for all the wonderful help I've received in the quest for finding my diamond for an e-ring.

I've narrowed down it down to these two options and was wondering if you could please let me know what you would choose?

Differences I notice:

The facets between them look very different to me but I'm not sure how this will affect each of their appearances in real life for better or worse.

The shape of Option 2 in the pictures looks perfect to me, a smooth consistent oval, whereas option 1 looks as if it tapers in a bit more dramatically from it's midsection to ends, making it a tiddly bit more 'eggish'?

Option 1 looks like a whiter H with Option 2 looking a bit more yellow but might that just be the pictures? I was a bit worried about being able to notice the yellow tint but I'm getting it set in rose gold so that should help.

Stonealgo says Option 1 faces up as 1.92ct and Option 2 faces up as 2.07ct . Will this small spread size difference be perceptible in real life?

OPTION 1

1619070309703.png

Video

Weight: 2.00ct
Colour: H
Clarity: VVS1
Fluorescence: None

Cut Information
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Measurements: 9.73 x 6.96 x 4.46
Length:Width Ratio: 1.40 : 1
Table: 62%
Depth: 64%

OR

OPTION 2

1619070091009.png

Video

Weight: 2.02ct
Colour: H
Clarity: VS1
Fluorescence: None

Cut Information
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Measurements: 10.04 x 7.09 x 4.41
Length:Width Ratio: 1.42 : 1
Table: 61%
Depth: 62.2%

1619070002786.png

1619069159418.png

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Hi @PattsyStone did you completely eliminate the Elyque oval? I’m just wondering because the light performance of the Elyque is supposed to be exceptional.

I’m not an expert, but there seems to be a lot of light leakage in the ASET you posted.

PattsyStone

Rough_Rock
Thanks Luluma, I contacted Rhino but didn't hear back unfortunately. I'm not sure if I'll be okay with the relatively smaller face up size of the Elyques.

PattsyStone

Rough_Rock
What do you think of the facets on option 2?

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Sorry to hear that about Rhino. I am hoping some other PS’ers can chime in a get you the best oval for your budget.

Any chance you can put both on reserve and post the videos here? I think that will help others to evaluate. I was just researching ovals ASET for you and I think you want an ASET that looks more like this one...

79B31277-3394-4586-AAE9-DD4B26CE0CB3.jpeg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I dont think you're getting much response because IMO neither of them are all that great. If you have links to videos,
please post...that might change my mind.

You havent included your specs (wishes) or budget so it makes it hard for others to post possible options.

Edit...just saw the videos. They didnt change my mind. Are these 2 stones your only options?

Last edited:

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Oops sorry @PattsyStone I’m on my phone and missed the video links!

I’m hoping that you can find one with better light performance.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
I dont think you're getting much response because IMO neither of them are all that great. If you have links to videos,
please post...that might change my mind.

You havent included your specs (wishes) or budget so it makes it hard for others to post possible options.

Edit...just saw the videos. They didnt change my mind. Are these 2 stones your only options?

I believe OP is looking for @2 carat I color or better. Budget is $20k.

Last edited:

PattsyStone

Rough_Rock
Darn we narrowed it down to these two because the jeweller we decided to go with has strongly recommended them :(

He is adamant it's very difficult to find a nice 2ct oval under $20k and says we should aim for 1.7-1.99 instead

I wonder what he is looking for in ovals that's making it so hard.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results