shape
carat
color
clarity

Please assess this ring

Republik9

Rough_Rock
Hello all,

Below is the plot for the ring I am considering.
Princess, Select Ideal Cut, H Color, 1.11 Carat, 68% depth, VS2 clarity, very good symmetry, Ideal Polish.

Should I be concerned about the various inclusions? The grade maker is a crystal, but the excess amount of feathers has me worried.

Any input is appreciated.
ring.gif

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Feather has a slightly different listing criteria. If it is the same grade as the other grade setting inclusions, it will be listed first. The fact that it is not listed first means that it is at a better clarity than VS2, at least VS1 and above.

Who gives the select ideal grade? Only AGS does cut grading for princess, so any other lab graded stone, the cut grade is given by the vendor and may or may not mean anything.

Republik9

Rough_Rock
Hi, thanks for the reply! This is from Union Diamond. It is a GIA rated stone. It is Union Diamonds best cut available.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
do you have any images of the stone?

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Republik9 said:
Hi, thanks for the reply! This is from Union Diamond. It is a GIA rated stone. It is Union Diamonds best cut available.

Depends on how they grade the cut. Other sites has wonky grading system for princess so unless there are pictures, ASET pics, videos clips, I do not put much weight on vendor grades.

Republik9

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for the input. No pictures yet. My main concern are the various inclusions. Would this plot scare anyone away from this particular diamond?

slg47

Ideal_Rock
no but I would be more concerned with the cut first. Union diamond labeling it as a 'select ideal' means nothing.

Republik9

Rough_Rock
So essentially, is there no real way to evaluate the cut of a princess diamond without simply seeing it in person, or having it evaluated by an unbiased jeweler?

Depth:68
Table:72
Girdle: MED to THK
Polish: EX / IDEAL
Symmetry: Very Good (5.87 x 5.87 x 4mm)

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Republik9|1307806166|2943272 said:
So essentially, is there no real way to evaluate the cut of a princess diamond without simply seeing it in person, or having it evaluated by an unbiased jeweler?

Depth:68
Table:72
Girdle: MED to THK
Polish: EX / IDEAL
Symmetry: Very Good (5.87 x 5.87 x 4mm)

no, you can evaluate cut by

1) looking for an AGS0 princess since AGS grades cut

or

2) going with a vendor who provides ASET images, since that tells you more about cut.

in general for princess cuts you want the table to be smaller than the depth, but without more information on this one it is hard to say

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results