shape
carat
color
clarity

please advise on this stone...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cal0008

Rough_Rock
Hi all I found a stone on jewelry zone .com and I wanted to see if I could get your opinion on it before I purchase it. This would be my first on line purchase so I am a little nervous.

Carats: 1.53 Laboratory Certification: EGL
Color: G Shape: O
Clarity: SI2 Price Per Carat: 3192.00
Depth: 63.60% Table: 60.00%
Girdle: Culet: N
Polish: G Symmetry: G
Fluorescence: N Dimensions: 8.57X6.63X4.22
Total Price: $4,883.00
I am worried about the egl certification... I have heard they are not as reliable as gia... any opinions would be welcome.
Thank you

wavey.gif

justme

Shiny_Rock
cal008,

What are your priorities in buying a stone - size, cut, color or clarity? Could you give a rank list of these priorities? ie size most important then color etc?

Since this is a EGL stone do you have the crown & pavillion information?

Justme

cal0008

Rough_Rock
I am looking for size first, color and clarity second... It will be in white gold setting so i do not want it to appear too yellow, but I've viewed many h color stones and feel the will do fine... it is just the si2 rating that has me iffy.... what is the difference between s12 and i1??? will inclusions be eye visible in si2? I could just get the stone and view it when it is here.. but then if i do not like it - then will have to go through process of shipping back ... ect... so wondered what anyone knew of si2's before i decide...
thanks!

justme

Shiny_Rock
If you go to the home page of pricescope and use the search by price to enter your budget - you'll find stones there that are GIA graded G - SI1 (I used $4000-5000 as a range) that are slightly above 1.5 carat and look to have better cut proportions that the one you listed.

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results