Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Please advise on this stone.....

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 19, 2004
Messages
20,845
HI:

For some time, I have been looking for a RB to set in a simple solitare setting. I am having difficulty finding exactly what I want--D, IF, Ideal, no fluoro, .45-55 ctw.

I did find something that I hope ya'll would advise upon: give me the truth, I can take it! :cheeky:

GIA Excellent. HCA 1.3 (TIC).
D
IF
no fluoro.
5.36 x 5.39 x3.17
.55 ctw
60% (T)
59% (D)
33.0 CA
40.8 PA

Big spread, table bigger than it is deep. Have at 'er!

cheers--Sharon

BTW a local vendor found a .51 AGS000 DIF and I have yet to see it. Considerabley more than the one above listed on virtual inventory.
Also, I saw two gorgeous stones locally last week, not IF, D & E color VVS1, but of course I couldn't tell the difference between color.

cheers--Sharon
 

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Mar 21, 2011
Messages
2,047
is there a reason you want IF? Naked eye pretty much can't really tell the different in clarity from VS2 and up, so maybe it will get you a bigger size diamond with lower clarity other than IF for the same price~
 

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Aug 14, 2009
Messages
20,748
canuk-gal|1306954470|2935554 said:
HI:

For some time, I have been looking for a RB to set in a simple solitare setting. I am having difficulty finding exactly what I want--D, IF, Ideal, no fluoro, .45-55 ctw.

I did find something that I hope ya'll would advise upon: give me the truth, I can take it! :cheeky:

GIA Excellent. HCA 1.3 (TIC).
D
IF
no fluoro.
5.36 x 5.39 x3.17
.55 ctw
60% (T)
59% (D)
33.0 CA
40.8 PA

Big spread, table bigger than it is deep. Have at 'er!

cheers--Sharon

BTW a local vendor found a .51 AGS000 DIF and I have yet to see it. Considerabley more than the one above listed on virtual inventory.
Also, I saw two gorgeous stones locally last week, not IF, D & E color VVS1, but of course I couldn't tell the difference between color.

cheers--Sharon
Numbers are :sun:
D IF, huh? Do we get to know what you're plotting? ::)
 

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Dec 16, 2007
Messages
24,364
Its a nice 60/60 type stone Sharon! Should be really BRIGHT, combined with D color, wowza!
 

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Dec 16, 2007
Messages
24,364
minmin001|1306957853|2935581 said:
is there a reason you want IF? Naked eye pretty much can't really tell the different in clarity from VS2 and up, so maybe it will get you a bigger size diamond with lower clarity other than IF for the same price~
Minmin Sharon has been talking about a D IF stone for a while... she is a PS pro, she just likes the idea of IF!

Right Sharon?
 

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 19, 2004
Messages
20,845
Dreamer_D|1306959195|2935603 said:
minmin001|1306957853|2935581 said:
is there a reason you want IF? Naked eye pretty much can't really tell the different in clarity from VS2 and up, so maybe it will get you a bigger size diamond with lower clarity other than IF for the same price~
Minmin Sharon has been talking about a D IF stone for a while... she is a PS pro, she just likes the idea of IF!

Right Sharon?
HI:

Dreamer you are very kind--not a pro in the least. Proshopper perhaps! :bigsmile:

The 60/60 gave me pause; hence inquiries to my learned PS friends. Thanks!

cheers--Sharon
 

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 19, 2004
Messages
20,845
Yssie|1306959043|2935598 said:
canuk-gal|1306954470|2935554 said:
HI:

For some time, I have been looking for a RB to set in a simple solitare setting. I am having difficulty finding exactly what I want--D, IF, Ideal, no fluoro, .45-55 ctw.

I did find something that I hope ya'll would advise upon: give me the truth, I can take it! :cheeky:

GIA Excellent. HCA 1.3 (TIC).
D
IF
no fluoro.
5.36 x 5.39 x3.17
.55 ctw
60% (T)
59% (D)
33.0 CA
40.8 PA

Big spread, table bigger than it is deep. Have at 'er!

cheers--Sharon

BTW a local vendor found a .51 AGS000 DIF and I have yet to see it. Considerabley more than the one above listed on virtual inventory.
Also, I saw two gorgeous stones locally last week, not IF, D & E color VVS1, but of course I couldn't tell the difference between color.

cheers--Sharon
Numbers are :sun:
D IF, huh? Do we get to know what you're plotting? ::)
Yssie

Simple white metal solitare for wear as ER. I miss having a RB to wear as an ER, and have never had a DIF combo. :))

cheers--Sharon

P.S. 4 or 6 prong head? I love those 6 prongers......
 

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Dec 16, 2007
Messages
24,364
Sharon I tried this ring on and it was truly the most beautiful and delicate solitaire ever. The shank is less than 2mm, and the prongs tiny and delicate. If you can find it locally I recommend seeing it in person, it was really special:

http://www.maevona.com//bridal/120/bluebell
 

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 19, 2004
Messages
20,845
minmin001|1306957853|2935581 said:
is there a reason you want IF? Naked eye pretty much can't really tell the different in clarity from VS2 and up, so maybe it will get you a bigger size diamond with lower clarity other than IF for the same price~
Thank you. As Dreamer mentioned I am set on IF--all in the head yanno! :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon
 

OCgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Apr 28, 2011
Messages
509
canuk-gal|1306960525|2935623 said:
Yssie|1306959043|2935598 said:
canuk-gal|1306954470|2935554 said:
HI:

For some time, I have been looking for a RB to set in a simple solitare setting. I am having difficulty finding exactly what I want--D, IF, Ideal, no fluoro, .45-55 ctw.

I did find something that I hope ya'll would advise upon: give me the truth, I can take it! :cheeky:

GIA Excellent. HCA 1.3 (TIC).
D
IF
no fluoro.
5.36 x 5.39 x3.17
.55 ctw
60% (T)
59% (D)
33.0 CA
40.8 PA

Big spread, table bigger than it is deep. Have at 'er!

cheers--Sharon

BTW a local vendor found a .51 AGS000 DIF and I have yet to see it. Considerabley more than the one above listed on virtual inventory.
Also, I saw two gorgeous stones locally last week, not IF, D & E color VVS1, but of course I couldn't tell the difference between color.

cheers--Sharon
Numbers are :sun:
D IF, huh? Do we get to know what you're plotting? ::)
Yssie

Simple white metal solitare for wear as ER. I miss having a RB to wear as an ER, and have never had a DIF combo. :))

cheers--Sharon

P.S. 4 or 6 prong head? I love those 6 prongers......
Six prongs!
 

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 19, 2004
Messages
20,845
Dreamer_D|1306960700|2935625 said:
Sharon I tried this ring on and it was truly the most beautiful and delicate solitaire ever. The shank is less than 2mm, and the prongs tiny and delicate. If you can find it locally I recommend seeing it in person, it was really special:

http://www.maevona.com//bridal/120/bluebell

Dreamer:

A stunner to be sure, ultra feminine--and "5 prongs" as I love the 6 prong simple style.....I am looking at very think shank ring; you must be reading my mind.

I searched jewellers local to me and found one in Edmonton that carries that line --I have purchased from them before. Ironically I was to be in Edmonton last weekend for a Cardiology conference but bronchitis/larnygitis prevented me! I always stop at Swedish Jewellers when I am in Edmonton.....I can have my sister check it out.....

thanks!

cheers--Sharon
 

druidtime

Rough_Rock
Joined
May 12, 2011
Messages
44
I recently bought this stone: http://www.bluenile.com/princess-cu...-very-good-cut-d-color-vs2-clarity_LD01695706 It has GIA and GCAL certs.

Its a princess, I know not a RB. But I too was considering getting an IF or VVS stone at first, but decided to go to VS2 since its a pretty good sweet spot and generally not noticeable.

I decided not to go to IF or the VVS clarities in the end. thinking about it, to get a D color and their top cut, i had to sacrifice carat weight. since the stone itself is smaller, i believed that those inclusions are consequentially smaller as well.

a larger stone would have more obvious inclusions and a reason why you would want to IF or FL is to fully appreciate and marvel at the unrivaled beauty emitted by a large well-cut stone.

it supports those who say that larger stones are given more leeway in the clarity grading process. as the stone becomes bigger, proportion-wise the inclusions can be bigger to still be considered 'minor' or 'medium' to scale with the stone. sadly these minor inclusions may be terribly visible in a large stone, especially to an expert.
 

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Mar 21, 2011
Messages
2,047
Dreamer_D|1306959195|2935603 said:
minmin001|1306957853|2935581 said:
is there a reason you want IF? Naked eye pretty much can't really tell the different in clarity from VS2 and up, so maybe it will get you a bigger size diamond with lower clarity other than IF for the same price~
Minmin Sharon has been talking about a D IF stone for a while... she is a PS pro, she just likes the idea of IF!

Right Sharon?
yup, I just saw her posts# now... my bad~ my face just went red haha~ :bigsmile:
 
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Chiguys's Cushion Cut Engagement Ring
    Chiguys's Cushion Cut Engagement Ring
    Archduchess Eleonore von Habsburg and Jérôme d’Ambrosio Royal Wedding
    Archduchess Eleonore von Habsburg and Jérôme d’Ambrosio Royal Wedding
    August Birthstone 2020: Peridot
    August Birthstone 2020: Peridot

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor



Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.
Top