shape
carat
color
clarity

Please advise on the following sapphires

lucida23

Rough_Rock
I've been wanting to get a sapphire but not daring enough to make the first move. I think i need some advise before I really make the plunge or maybe to get one at local stores (which I can see the actual stone).

Following are some sapphires that I quite like but am uncertain about the price and which is of better quality. My dream stone is more of cornflower blue sapphire, the blue blue type, not violetish. Appreciate your feedback.

1) Untreated Blue Sapphire 2.35 cts. (Price US$2600)

Clarity: VS
Dimensions: 7.81x 6.70x 5.66mm
Design: Barion oval
Origin: Ceylon, Sri Lanka
Treatment: No Treatment
Cut by: John B. (list on http://gemrite.com/home/170-blue-sapphire-235-cts.html)

2) Unheated Ceylon Sapphire Oval 1.45 (Price US$2175)

Size: 6.50 x 5.38 x 4.79mm
Shape: Oval Portuguese Cut
Weight: 1.45 ct
Origin: Sri Lanka (Ceylon)
Treatment: None
Color: Cornflower Blue
Clarity: Eye Clean, nearly loupe clean
List on: Yvonne Raley etsy store (https://www.etsy.com/sg-en/listing/238529708/unheated-ceylon-sapphire-oval-145?ref=shop_home_active_12)

Or any other better recommendation??

blue-sapphire-235-cts.jpg

blue-sapphire.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looooove the fist one

lucida23

Rough_Rock
Hi Niel,

Do you think the price is reasonable? The other two pictures (see below for one of it) that was posted looks very purple but the video looks blue.. so not sure which is more accurate...

_34757.jpg

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The first one is amazing!

Deathspi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Another vote for the first one. Yum! :love:

PieAreSquared

Shiny_Rock
lucida23|1444055120|3934986 said:
Hi Niel,

Do you think the price is reasonable? The other two pictures (see below for one of it) that was posted looks very purple but the video looks blue.. so not sure which is more accurate...

The vendor's description says: "The stone does have a small color shift depending on the light source" which may explain the difference. Likely the video was taken in different lighting than the photo.
I have found it is always best to read the descriptions carefully, as photos only tell part of the story.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The first stone is amazing IMHO. I would 100% prefer that to the second one, just because the color is so yummy!

S

SparkliesLuver

The only real, true way to know if you love it is to order it and see it in person. Maybe the shift is so subtle that you're okay with it, but maybe it's too much. You won't know for sure unless you see it with your own eyes. Always double-check the return policy first!

FoBpOwDeR

Rough_Rock
That first sapphire is BEAUTIFUL!!

lucida23

Rough_Rock
Dear all,

Thanks for your reply. The shop has return policy. I will give it a try and update on the outcomes :)

Cheers,
Lucida

SapphireStyle

Shiny_Rock
Please post some pics when you receive the stone. It really looks amazing!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results