shape
carat
color
clarity

Please advise me - engagement ring purchase

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

yakapo

Rough_Rock
the guy says it''s an ideal cut... the depth and table would suggest that but the gia grading is a "good" cut.

What is this ring worth? What would you pay?

Attachments

• gia cert.pdf
    83.7 KB · Views: 37

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry if I missed something, but I think we need more details. What size, other stats? Hopefully with that info the experts will be able to chime in. Welcome to PS.

BTW, is your name a Count of Monte Cristo reference by any chance?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Unfortunately, "Ideal" is a term that many jewelers have picked up that really means NOTHING unless it is an AGS graded "ideal" stone.

GIA''s cut grading isn''t known for being entirely on target, so get the numbers and plug it into the HCA. But likely, the jeweler is blowing smoke and the stone wouldn''t be an ideal if graded by AGS...

yakapo

Rough_Rock
sorry I should have mentioned the attachment... it''s a really tiny button

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/27/2007 5:10:30 PM
Author:yakapo
the guy says it''s an ideal cut... the depth and table would suggest that but the gia grading is a ''good'' cut.

What is this ring worth? What would you pay?

I clicked the really tiny button
2.gif

GIA will downgrade from Excellent to VG for the thick girdle even if all other angles are fabbo.

HTH

yakapo

Rough_Rock
Factor Grade
Light Return Excellent
Fire Very Good
Scintillation Very Good
Spread
or diameter for weight Very Good
Total Visual Performance 1.9 - Excellent
within TIC range

I think I put it in the HCA right.... so what does this mean? Is it really better than a good cut?

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/27/2007 6:18:58 PM
Author: yakapo
Factor Grade

Light Return Excellent

Fire Very Good

Scintillation Very Good

Spread

or diameter for weight Very Good

Total Visual Performance 1.9 - Excellent

within TIC range

I think I put it in the HCA right.... so what does this mean? Is it really better than a good cut?

Can you just type out the Depth, table, crown angle, pavilion angle and girdle thickness? It''s really hard to read the pdf, I''m asuming you have a copy of it?

The HCA score is okay, but the other details would be good to know. It would all depend on the price. I don''t think I would be crazy about a GIA ''Good'' cut unless the price was right.

Alright here we go I''ve made a copy of the cert for you..I''ll try to post it. Hope that''s ok...

cert_copy1_2.jpg

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Well that was useless....lets try this...

GIA_cert3.png

angeline

Ideal_Rock
I notice that the cut grade is changed by brillianteering of the girdle. Do a search on ''brillianteering'' there''s more info tha you would ever want to know.

Now some more knowledgeable people can chime in on the numbers hopefully... and the brillianteering.

a

yakapo

Rough_Rock
wow this is complicated... THanks for putting the numbers up!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results