shape
carat
color
clarity

please advise ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sirkclower

Rough_Rock
If a 2ct diamond stone has a slight roughness on one edge, possibly where it has chipped a bit, can it be fixed in some way and how badly does it affect the value. The stone is 2ct. probably G or H and I2. Asking price is 3500. It was a girls grandmothers who now needs $. It is in a plat setting with 8 other approx. 3point each diamonds. Please advise ASAP. She need $ promto. I want the ring if it is woth the price. Sirkclower

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
If the diamond is a I2 it may not be able to be polished out. If this is a internal imperfection that is breaking the surface and continues well into the diamond, then it doesn't make sense to even try to remove it.You need a expert to view this diamond before you do anything.

bacon

Rough_Rock
If the seller is in a hurry or pushes you find another diamond.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
"roughness on one edge". Do you mean on the girdle?Yes, it can be fixed by repolishing. It'll cost you the work and loss in the carat weight. If it resulting weight will be below 2 ct, the value of the diamond might drop significantly.I'm afraid nobody can tell you how much it will cost and what will be the weight loss without inspection of the diamond by a cutter.
[FONT=Verdana,]quote:[/FONT]
Originally posted by sirkclower:
If a 2ct diamond stone has a slight roughness on one edge, possibly where it has chipped a bit, can it be fixed in some way and how badly does it affect the value. The stone is 2ct. probably G or H and I2. Asking price is 3500. It was a girls grandmothers who now needs $. It is in a plat setting with 8 other approx. 3point each diamonds. Please advise ASAP. She need $ promto. I want the ring if it is woth the price. Sirkclower

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results