shape
carat
color
clarity

Please Advice!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

yanyan

Rough_Rock
Please advice which diamond is a better investment. Thanks all.

1) F colour IF clarity 0.43cts
Price difference from 2)& 3) is $1500

2) D colour VVS1 Clarity 0.57 cts
Price difference from 3) is $300

3) E colour VVS1 Clarity 0.56 cts
Price US$3000 approx.

And why is IF becomes a VVS1 after removing the seal.

All the above are Heart and Arrow diamonds.

Thanks once again.

wavey.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
IF becomes a VVS1 after removing the seal...

WHAAA? What does that mean??

I don't know what your use of these stones are (boy are they way overpriced...you are paying for the high color and the clarity you can't even see--but anyway!)...but I like #2 out of all of them. It's bigger, you can get D color if you want colorless, and its one away from IF. Plus the price doesn't break you like #1 does...and I'd rather get a D for $300 if I was looking for that elusive perception of high quality.

Good luck!

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 8/20/2003 4:39:15 PM Mara wrote:

IF becomes a VVS1 after removing the seal...

WHAAA? What does that mean??

----------------

A thought--is this diamond inside some kind of plastic seal affixed to a grading report or some other official-looking document? Or inside some other kind of sealed package that bears a warning about all sorts of dire consequences if the seal is broken? If so, RUN. This was a common scam during the Bad Old Days of investment diamonds during the 1970s and 80s. Oftentimes disreputable brokers would sell diamonds affixed to some report that "guaranteed" the quality only if the seal was not broken. So you couldn't have it independently examined without voiding the warranty and losing your money.

I may be jumping to conclusions here, so disregard if this makes no sense.
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow LG that is horrible. So you buy this expensive stone sight unseen for investment purposes (except through the film of plastic) and then can't open it to verify you have what you bought? Ooooh can you imagine opening that about 10 years later to find that you've got a really pretty flawless CZ?

Now people would actually have to be pretty stupid to fall for that...that said...I wouldn't be surprised if there were tons who bought in.
2.gif

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 8/20/2003 4:52
6.gif
6 PM Mara wrote:

Wow LG that is horrible. So you buy this expensive stone sight unseen for investment purposes (except through the film of plastic) and then can't open it to verify you have what you bought? Ooooh can you imagine opening that about 10 years later to find that you've got a really pretty flawless CZ?

Now people would actually have to be pretty stupid to fall for that...that said...I wouldn't be surprised if there were tons who bought in.
2.gif
----------------

There were, unfortunately. During the late 1970s, the price of a 1 ct D-FL diamond shot up from around $20k to over $60k then crashed to $15k all in the space of about 3-4 years. In a crazy speculative market like that, people tend to lose their good sense and the con artists come out in droves to take advantage of them.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results