shape
carat
color
clarity

Please, advice needed as to wedding band 1Ct!

opyat

Rough_Rock
I bought online (mistake...) platinum band, 5 diamonds (98 Ct), average H, VS2, cut is "good", $2,700.
When it arrived I started to examine it and found a chip on the girdle of one diamond. Actually that chip is small and it is not through all girdle but mostly bottom part of it and a little under. The girdle of another diamond was very uneven (thick from one side and thin from another). Maybe there are other defects, I am not professional and just describing what I found.

Why I decided to get the ring on-line? It looked good deal to compare with store, also it is hard to find platinum ring with larger diamonds in store. They carry white gold most of the time...
But after receiving the ring see there is not much platinum was used on this ring (very thin bottom) and diamonds not perfect (they are also not certified), I think it was bad idea.

The company wants me to send it back and maybe fix it. But since I have to pay for insured shipping and not sure what they can send next time, there are only two options for me now: 1) To keep it like this, 2) Or return it for refund.
That is why I need your advice. What do you think about this ring?
Thank you so much for help in advance!

P.S. My engagement ring is 4,75. I ordered this one in size 5,5 for more comfort but I can not say it feels larger...

_30848.jpg

_30849.jpg

_30850.jpg

danielxlin

Shiny_Rock
Ring looks nice but you shouldn't be having to deal with chipped girdles for $2700. That's a lot of money. Return immediately. For that much money you could have gotten a 5-stone ring in platinum with 1 carat of White Flash ACA ideal cut melee. Best cut diamonds available anywhere.

The problem isn't shopping online, it's choosing the right places to shop online. Check out White Flash and Brian Gavin.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
danielxlin|1433413667|3885004 said:
Ring looks nice but you shouldn't be having to deal with chipped girdles for $2700. That's a lot of money. Return immediately. For that much money you could have gotten a 5-stone ring in platinum with 1 carat of White Flash ACA ideal cut melee. Best cut diamonds available anywhere.

The problem isn't shopping online, it's choosing the right places to shop online. Check out White Flash and Brian Gavin.

+1, I think you overpaid for your band and not so great service if they want you to pay to return something that is their fault.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
danielxlin|1433413667|3885004 said:

+1. I buy almost all my diamonds online so that isn't a problem. The important part about online shopping is buying from the right place.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Return and buy through one of our Vendors...better cut stones and guess what??? No chips on girdle!!! $2700 is too much to
pay for not so nice stones.

If you can afford it...not sure how much they would be ...looks like about $2900 but they will be ACA stones
http://www.whiteflash.com/wedding-rings/five-stone-shared-prong-diamond-wedding-band-818.htm

The other option is to go with ID Jewelry. They them you want Pricescope quality stones. You want to see arrows and
good light return.
http://www.idjewelry.com/jewelry/rings-bands/diamond-bands/5-stone-common-prong-band-w3657-p-iadd.html

opyat

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much, danielxlin, lknvrb4, Chrono and tyty333! I really appreciate your help!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results