shape
carat
color
clarity

Playing with fancies at Diamonds by Lauren

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I’m in NYC and had nothing to do today (and no money to spend/bling ban), so while DH was at a conference, I went to the diamond district and visited Yekutiel at ID jewelry to help a man buy an engagement ring, post here: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/round-triple-ex-question.253010/page-4#post-4648182

Yekutiel is a sweetheart and was delightful.

And then I went to Diamonds by Lauren and met David who is cool and very open and friendly.

Adding pics in a minute. I did confirm for myself that I prefer diamonds in the U-Z range over KLM. He has some awesome fancies and colored stones.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My hands were all over the stones, lol, bad me. So I made them filthy as you can see in some pics.

If you ask about a specific stone, I might be able to remember what it is.

Like the last one is a circular brilliant, transitional between OEC and MRB

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No way in the world would I go there - they would have to call a swat team to get me out!

I know. Especially when it’s your size..... :kiss2:

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@whitewave I am so jealous!!! I haven't been to the diamond district for quite awhile, and I am having major withdrawal. Have fun!!!

princessandthepear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Those diamonds are gorgeous! I especially love the step cuts and the circular brilliant. That Octavia makes me swoon. Did you have a favorite? Which diamond was it? Do you have any details on some of the stones?

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
What a fun trip! Love seeing the pictures, particularly that circular brilliant! Also, I think it is awesome that you are helping out a fellow PSer by looking at diamonds at ID Jewelry. I'm secretly hoping you find some time to squeeze in the Nutcracker while you are in the city. The casting for this weekend is fantastic!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a fun day for you! And you're seriously the best for sharing photos so that we can enjoy as well. Talk about eye candy! My eyes lingered on the OEC in post #8...such glorious facets :kiss2:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a fun trip! Love seeing the pictures, particularly that circular brilliant! Also, I think it is awesome that you are helping out a fellow PSer by looking at diamonds at ID Jewelry. I'm secretly hoping you find some time to squeeze in the Nutcracker while you are in the city. The casting for this weekend is fantastic!

Darn it! We did rockettes Christmas last night and they had a little bit of everything.

Today is DH’s birthday so we are going to a hockey game and tomorrow is Book of Mormon.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for all the photos!

That Octavia looks awesome - lively and fiery across the whole stone!

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Darn it! We did rockettes Christmas last night and they had a little bit of everything.

Today is DH’s birthday so we are going to a hockey game and tomorrow is Book of Mormon.

Well that sounds fabulous! I have never seen Book of Mormon, but have heard great things. Have a wonderful time. Come back next year for Nutcracker. ;-) Maybe you'll even have another PS diamond adventure!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband attended a breast cancer conference at MSK (they run them nearly every weekend) and so we will be returning. (It’s his 3rd time).

He was telling me these futuristic breast cancer treatments on the horizon, and it’s crazy nuts and very encouraging. Virtual reality, micro technology with dyes and lasers that light up the center of the tumor— real science fiction type of stuff.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW!!! what fun!
Do you remember the details of this stone? *swoons*

I have it on video. After the hockey game, I can tell you lol. I have NO IDEA what I’m watching lol

Q

Queenie60

@whitewave - I met @Rockdiamond back in October and he is quite the diamond guy! I too, had a fun time in his office. And I agree that Yekutiel is so very kind. Glad you enjoyed your time in the Diamond District.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results