shape
carat
color
clarity

Player in beautiful pearls for the World Series

Lakefront

Shiny_Rock
I love watching baseball. I especially love seeing all the bling on the players. It’s not at all uncommon to see some huge gold chains. Tonight, I was watching the World Series and I was completely and happily surprised to see a serious strand of pearls! I’m all for it! 749535DA-73BB-4CF5-A3D6-43FA7BECE246.jpeg

Lakefront

Shiny_Rock
Can anyone with good pearl vision tell if these are the simple beads strung on a string type of thing or if they are knotted between each pearl? I can’t decide if these are real or just for fun.

Lakefront

Shiny_Rock
Nice! Thanks for linking that!
I like seeing the bling. I’m here for the baseball diamond and the pearls.

That's so cool! I love pearls and would like to see them come back to being in fashion again with the younger crowd. Maybe this will lead the way.

What @RosieR said! Men in pearls is officially A Thing among the gen z crowd. See Harry Styles and Wisdom Kaye (of TikTok fame):

1A5448CB-0489-4F93-B1A4-9B4CA37A46F6.jpeg
DE54DA1D-4C90-4006-9C4F-BFFF67A30093.png

My baby bro is a very style conscious, but not particularly “out there” 20 year old frat boy at a Big 10 university. He wears a strand of pearls (well, “pearls”) with casual-cool streetwear outfits. No one beats him up, lol. Although my dad nearly had a heart attack when he first saw him rockin’ the nacre (he gets it now).

I’ve actually been thinking about buying him a strand for Christmas. Not talking Mikimoto here, but at least real/decent.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Very cool!

I've seen male models wearing them in Mikimoto ads and on IG. But I hadn't seen (or known) any young men IRL with them. I'm glad to know pearls are in vogue again and are being appreciated by men too.

Hee hee -- I love the phrase "rockin' the nacre!" I'm going to use it the next time someone tells me I'm old fashioned for wearing pearls.

Lakefront

Shiny_Rock
Ha! “Rockin the nacre” is perfect!
The blend of masculine (or street wear) and the softness of pearls is such a great match. If I had a black leather jacket I’d put it on with my pearls today!
Definitely get him a strand for Christmas.

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
A better photo of the necklace...
This stunning ‘Swag’ necklace centers on a magnificent pear-shaped Golconda diamond on six rows of lustrous, perfectly matched natural pearls. Maharaja Bhupinder Singh of Patiala, Delhi, c. 1911. Cartier Archives, Paris.

3f25a67cf8028a46670ec171b7a3ffa2.jpg

Lakefront

Shiny_Rock
A better photo of the necklace...
This stunning ‘Swag’ necklace centers on a magnificent pear-shaped Golconda diamond on six rows of lustrous, perfectly matched natural pearls. Maharaja Bhupinder Singh of Patiala, Delhi, c. 1911. Cartier Archives, Paris.

3f25a67cf8028a46670ec171b7a3ffa2.jpg

Amazing…And to think that those are natural pearls!

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
I asked my hubby and his friends last night if this was something on their Christmas wish list. It didn't go over well, but they are attending a beard and axe throwing competition today, so to each their own! ;-)

Lakefront

Shiny_Rock
I asked my hubby and his friends last night if this was something on their Christmas wish list. It didn't go over well, but they are attending a beard and axe throwing competition today, so to each their own! ;-)

Ha ha! Yeah. It’s definitely not a look for everyone but I’m still glad that the trend is growing.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock

I'd like to see an axe throwing man with a beard, eh let's even make him Scottish, wearing a strand of pearls!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd like to see an axe throwing man with a beard, eh let's even make him Scottish, wearing a strand of pearls!

And wearing a kilt! Hubba hubba!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results