shape
carat
color
clarity

Platinum wedding band - Whats wrong with that?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

shredder

Rough_Rock
Hi there. I''m already engaged, and starting the search for wedding bands. I''ve read a lot about white gold vs. platinum, and I''m leaning towards platinum.

Now forward to this weekend, in NYC''s Diamond District. We walked from booth to booth asking about wedding bands. The salesperson pulled out a bunch of rings, all in white gold. When we asked about platinum, each salesperson gave us a funny look, said they don''t stock platium bands, and insisted that white gold was the way to go since platinum costs too much. They then said that if we still wanted platinum, they''d special order it.

Now this is going against the grain of all my research. I know platinum isn''t popular with everyone, but it can''t be as out of favor as my shopping experience suggests. Is platinum strictly an e-ring metal? Was I being duped? Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks!

tareyton

Rough_Rock
It is more expensive. I find those shops generally attract people looking for the best deal (cheaper prices) Platinum bands probabaly just don''t make sense to stock for these vendors considering their typical customer base.

I also find that these vendors always seem to try and downplay anything they don''t have or carry.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
If your e-ring is platinum, I would go with platinum. If it''s white gold, then I''d go with white gold.
1.gif

Rebemdee

Shiny_Rock
We are getting platinum bands, and after doing some websearching, the site I found with the best prices is:

http://e-weddingbands.com/

We have a coupon from Blue Nile for a discount off bands, but even with the discount e-weddingbands was less expensive.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results