shape
carat
color
clarity

Platinum Wedding Band Advie?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

leBullet

Rough_Rock
Hi Guys,
I am new here as you can probably tell by my lack of posts but have been lurking around for the last couple of weeks. What I need is help/advice about a plain platinum wedding band. My fiancée has her ring sorted, but it appears that I am not taking the usual male route of getting one on the spotand have got quite picky on what band I want (It doesn’t seem that picky to me).

What I am after is plain platinum band that has slight comfort fit, not flat or domed on top, 6mm width and my size is U ½ to V (translates to a 10.5 – 10.75 US I think?). The problem is that living in New Zealand all the jewellers I have been to carry a very limited stock of bands. They are all willing to make said band but the quotes have ranged from $3,500 to $4,500 NZ (about US$2,700 to $3,500). I’ve seen on the Tiffany web site the Lucida Wedding Band which seems to match the style I am after for US$1450 which works out to less than 2/3rds the price of getting one from a local supplier in NZ even if I get stung for duty. So I am pretty much set on getting a band from the States sent over.

Has anyone got any advice on the best way to go about this? Any experience on sizing issues, dealing with duty, vendors that have experience sending to little old NZ?

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to offer.
Cheers
Andrew

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
The men''s Lucinda 4.5 mm in platinum is $1,150 according to their US website. If it''s the perfect style go for it. Or contact Whiteflash and inquire about a custom made one. But the cost of custom platinum might end up higher.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results