shape
carat
color
clarity

Platinum Setting Search

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cowboystu

Shiny_Rock
I just realized today that searching for a setting is probably more difficult than the diamond....there is no such thing as good education about settings, nor is there any mathematical formulae to apply.

So I am sure that I am still far from completing my search, but one setting did jump out at me on www.adiamondisforever.com.

It says the "source code" is GE_008

Does anyone know where to look for this ring, or ones similar to it? Like I said, I am not 100% sold on this design, but my girlfriend wants something different than the standard setting. Nothing too flashy...so probably a fairly low setting. It will be ~1ct H&A. So I need something that balances modesty and showing off the quality of the stone.

Thanks,
Stu

So it seems I am having trouble attaching a pic. Go to here to view it.

justme

Shiny_Rock
CBS-

Can you post an actual link to the ring on that site so I can look?

It's a beautiful setting by the way very unique!

Justme

cowboystu

Shiny_Rock
here is the link to the original site.

Stu

PS There is a little more information if you click "print this ring" and scroll all the way to the bottom.

*Monique

Rough_Rock
That's a beautiful setting but what about the band?

It looks like you would have to get a custom designed band also.

cowboystu

Shiny_Rock
I was hoping that when I found the setting at a jeweler, they would have a matching band, or at least be able to work through a design with me. As I said, I wish this were a black and white science...that's what I'm good at!

Anyone who has any ideas, or suggestions, I'm all ears (or eyes for that matter)

Stu

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
It always struck me as so odd that adiamondisforever.com has all these settings but never really tells you where to get them....why promote people wasting their time?

That is a gorgeous setting. Do keep in mind as the others noted, you will need a custom band/wrap for this stone. Also..do you have any idea of your girl's preference on a wed ring/set? I ask this because while I really like that e-ring setting..I would not have bought it or wanted it for myself as I do not like the wedding bands that are meant to fit/and or curve against the e-ring to look like a set. So you are not only considering the look of the e-ring but the look of a set. I like rings that can sit flush against each other with straight lines or mostly straight...hence my diamond head being higher on my custom band so that the wed ring can sit flush against the e-ring, appearing as two thin things laying side by side.

So your girl may love the e-ring but not like the idea of the wed ring curving around the head in a 'wrap' style because she can never wear just the wed ring alone, and/or maybe she just does not want a 'wrap' style ring.

Just something to consider when purchasing an e-ring, esp those that are oddly shaped. I was considering a beautiful e-ring with a center round and two yellow diamond trillions on the side but was put off by thinking...what sort of wedding band do I wear with this and unless I get a curved special band, there will be a big gap between the two rings because the wed ring will hit against the trillions. Didn't like a curved band, didn't like a big gap..so passed on the e-ring.

My two cents!
1.gif

There are also many other setting sites to check out in case you have not. Look for a thread called 'Compilation of Ring Settings and Sites' (I think that is the name), it has tons of links from posters on where they searched and/or found their settings. Very helpful. In the meantime, whiteflash.com (click on rings at the top) has a good selection of solitaire type rings that are slightly different than the normal tiffany...but check out that thread as it has many sites for you to start visiting. You may also want to view tension settings at mickeyroof.com (I think that is the url) as that is a bit of a different solitaire-type look. The search for a setting IS an important one, almost more stressful than the stone...but once you find something it will feel really good!!

Good luck!

justme

Shiny_Rock
CBS -

This is the closest design I've be able to find.

The link is http://www.sndgems.com/gaitensionsetrings.htm

Justme

1cbs.jpg

justme

Shiny_Rock
CBS -

Here is another similar setting showing 2 band options.

It does come in plat.

Justme

111 cbs.gif

tower

Rough_Rock
I had the same problem with adiamondisforever.com. Go to "how to buy", "finding a jeweler", follow the link for Jewelers of America. This will give you a form where you can put in your zip code and those stores that can access that database using their "source code".
Drew

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
I may be wrong, but I think it looks a bit like the Joli ring that BTD offers...

cowboystu

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 3/3/2003 8:50:54 AM tower wrote:

I had the same problem with adiamondisforever.com. Go to "how to buy", "finding a jeweler", follow the link for Jewelers of America. This will give you a form where you can put in your zip code and those stores that can access that database using their "source code".

Drew
----------------

Unfortunately I am not in america at the moment.

Giangi,

BTD? Maybe its because I am ill, but I can't figure out what BTD is.

Just Me,

Thanks, those are some nice starts. Is the second one from the same site?

Thanks All!
Stu

trichrome

Shiny_Rock
My friend has the setting on the left in stock.
He can make it in platinum, wg or yg. It's very elegant.
However it stands on its own. No wedding band will be able to
match it's beauty..... it's the type of ring you prefer to
wear without a wedding band sitting on the same finger.

Remember that the stone in such a setting is very low set...

Trichrome.

justme

Shiny_Rock
CBS -
The website for the second one is

http://www.ptakbrothers.com/RingDetail.cfm?code=E949A&showForm=1

cowboystu

Shiny_Rock
Does anyone here have access to the www.dps.org website to look up ring source codes? Please let me know if you do.

I really would like to locate the ring with source code GE_008

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results