shape
carat
color
clarity

Platinum Ring Wraps?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Leanne

Shiny_Rock
Has anyone come across platinum ring wraps in their searches? I have a 1.82 RB & I''d like to try to keep it in it''s platinum tiffany setting & find a diamond ring wrap or ring guard for it. Something pretty without diamonds would be good too. Any suggestions? Thanks much!

Leanne

Shiny_Rock
No one has seen wring wraps done in platinum? If not, what do you think about a tiffany solitare with a channel set diamond band. Maybe one above & below?

justme

Shiny_Rock
Try this link - http://gemstoneworld.com/jewlshop/settings/ringwrap/wrring1.htm

Justme

Leanne

Shiny_Rock
Wow! What a great selection! Thank you SO much!!
appl.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tiffany Solitaire with 2 super thin eternity rings (one on top one on bottom of solitaire) would be awesome! The 3 ring look is very 'in' right now. Michael B does pave set bands that are gorgeous as well but pricey, around $2k each.

Here is a link I found in my searches in the past...I was always tempted by these guys as its pretty cheap and it looks pretty decent for a little thin eternity band! $280 for a white gold eternity ring 1.5mm, diamonds look decent as well.

http://www.foreverjewelers.com/store/ProductDetails.asp?ProductID=UADR2940

Spicolisgirl

Rough_Rock
I have been unable to find platinum ring wraps, but I have talked to several jewelers, and they tell me that it is just as good to use a white gold wrap as to use platinum. They look identical in appearance. Actually platinum is not as durable as white gold. It tends to scratch and dull more easily than that of gold. I have looked at several platinum rings, and they look the same in the store, but after wearing them for a long period of time, they tend to lose their shine. So, getting a white gold wrap to accent your diamond would not be a noticeable difference. Of course, if one is demanding platinum because it is platinum and not white gold, I would suggest taking your ring and having a custom made ring wrap for it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results