shape
carat
color
clarity

Platinum ring without marking?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

suedecoat

Rough_Rock
Hello, we just purchased an antique transitional diamond ring that supposedly is made of platinum. I had the ring (diamonds) verbally appraised before finalizing the sale but forgot to ask the jeweler about the metal. The person I bought it from said it was marked and platinum when I purchased it. I had noticed what I thought was a mark but it turns out that it was an opening for one of the little diamonds in the detail on the side of the ring. The ring does not have any mark! Can this be? I plan on bringing it back to the jeweler for a metal test but wondered if anyone has info on 1920''s jewelry made of platinum but not marked.

Thanks.
23.gif

missmarie253

Rough_Rock
Not to worry, if a trusted jeweler sold it to you I''m sure it''s as described. Since it is so old It''s very possible that the hallmark wore off with age. Also a lot of early pieces weren''t even marked. The best thing you can do go guarantee its authenticity is to have it tested.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Suedecoat - I'm afraid I do not have enough knowledge to answer your question, but I'm sure someone here, who does, will respond.

Uhm, do you have any pics of the ring though? I'd love to see it!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results