shape
carat
color
clarity

Platinum Re-Setting Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ScubaDucky

Rough_Rock
Will our 1.33 stone (Diam: 7.25 x 7.18 x 4.32mm) fit in a platinum solitaire 4 prong that previously held a 1.09 stone (Diam: 6.59 X 6.62 X 4.07mm)???

(Diam: 7.25 x 7.18 x 4.32mm) <-- ours
(Diam: 6.59 x 6.62 x 4.07mm) <-- theirs

Diff: 0.66 x 0.56 x 0.25mm

Thanks.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
I would prefer using a virgin setting as well. A pre-used setting has had the prongs notched to fit the girdle of the previous stone, which might not necessarily be a good fit for the secondary stone.

ScubaDucky

Rough_Rock
Thanks for replying!
1.gif

I guess there's no way to salvage the setting..?

sxn675

Shiny_Rock
Is it possible to change heads? I hope to be dealing with this very problem!
1.gif

ScubaDucky

Rough_Rock
There's someone who is selling a platinum standard 4-prong tiffany style from DirtCheapDiamonds for a very reasonable price. They decided to upgrade their ring to a three stone, so they no longer have use for this one.

I can't decide for the life of me what kind of setting I want. I've tried for a few months to no avail. My boyfriend and I were thinking to just go ahead and get a temporary setting, which will then give me plenty of time to make a decision -- I am terrrible at decisions.
errrr.gif
(typical libra I guess)

I was hoping that I can just buy her setting instead of springing for another platinum setting that will eventually be wasted anyway.

BTW, white gold is not a good option for me. I'm one of those people that will turn it yellow within a few weeks of wearing it everyday.
8.gif
.. and we both hate the look of yellow gold.

That's my story....

ScubaDucky

Rough_Rock
How much will a new head cost?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results