shape
carat
color
clarity

Platinum pave setting re-sizing - please help!

Cherokee1979

Shiny_Rock
Hello. Thanks in advance for reading this and any replies :) The kindness of the PS community never ceases to surprise me. In any event, I have been considering getting a matching Ritani endless love halo ER setting for a RB and matching band (both in platinum, with micropave stones - the link follows: http://www.ritani.com/diamond_engagement_rings/item/464/in_collection/3). Of note, both have a resizing bar at the bottom of the rings. I need to have BOTH rings resized upwards 1/4 size - from a 4.25 to a 4.5. After reading a number of PS postings on the issue, it is my understanding that resizing platinum pave settings can be quite difficult and risky - however, after contacting both the B&M as well as Ritani's main NYC office, both have told me that the 1/4 resizing in question *should* be able to happen with little risk. PLEASE, any advice or wisdom on this issue would be GREATLY appreciated :) Oh, and BTW, the B&M tells me that they DO have a laser tool for resizing, but they also, depending on the situation (and at the discretion of the jeweler), re-size upward via heating the resizing bar and stretching slightly. I was contemplating that I should stress that I would prefer laser resizing, as heating sounds much more risky to me. Is this wise? Thanks again! :bigsmile:

- Cherokee

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I believe the rings can be resized up 1/4 of a size without issue, however, I would insist they be sent to Ritani and Ritani do the sizing.

Cherokee1979

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much for your quick reply, Mrssalvo :) Great advice about demanding that the rings be sent to Ritani and resized by them. If the rings are both covered under warranty by the B&M (i.e., free lifetime resizing) what do you think the implications are if the pave is somehow damaged during resizing at Ritani? Would either the B&M or Ritani have to pay for fixing the pave or would this be a cost I'd have to cover? Thanks again!

Cherokee

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd be concerned that once the BM store touches it, it would void any craftsmanship warranty from Ritani.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results