shape
carat
color
clarity

Platinum Band with Tiny Diamonds$$$???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

anamal1

Rough_Rock
First time poster, Long time Lurker.

Many thanks to all of you for excellent advice regarding all things diamond. Your advice gave me the knowledge/courage to buy my wife of 16years a WhiteFlash Round, 2ct, H, VS1, Expert Selection Diamond in platinum. Two years later, she has me cleaning it daily and is still in love with it...as am I.

My question:

While window shopping on 47th St in Manhattan for a new wedding band, she fell in love with a 2.5mm comfort fit platinum band(size 4.75) with 18- 2pt VS1 Round channel set stones. We had never seen one quite like it. They were asking $1100 for it. It is not a designer band and I feel it is way too expensive for such a dainty ring.

Any opinions would be much appreciated.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
It seems like a good price to me. Platinum is very expensive right now. You should post this in Rocky Talky.

WELCOME to the world of posting! Why don''t you show us photos of that gorgeous WF ring?

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Why don''t you look on some of the PS vendor''s website and see if you find anything close. That''ll give a price comparison or you may find something you like better. The price could be due to hand craftsmanship, quality of materials, mark-up for Manhattan location or just because.

Is the 2 ct already set? Were you looking for something to match it or just something that caught your eye? How about a photo of the gorgeous 2 ct????

anamal1

Rough_Rock
Cinnamon013:

I have checked platinum bands and I am finding $275-$375 for a plain band. I cannot find a price for 18 * 2pt VS1, G, Round.

I have checked online vendors extensively and haven''t found one with such small neatly placed diamonds in a 2.5mm comfort fit band. We have tried dozens of ring styles and the only one that seems to fit under the big stone is a low profile band. The stones are not exposed above the ring surface at all but are amazingly bright.

Swingirl:

We have been half seriously looking until we came across the ring in question. It looks extremely well done and could be an issue of craftsmanship. I looked at it with the loupe and the channel is well cut and symmetrical and the diamonds are really clean and well matched. We must have looked at 20 other BM jewelers and saw nothing close regarding eye appeal. The jeweler is on 5th Ave and 47th, so location is an issue.

I hope my pic is adequate but it really does no justice to the stone. When I gave it to my wife she just sat there in awe at how brilliant it was. I could not have been happier with the sparkle in the ring or the sparkle in her eye ever since. Diamonds are amazing.

Bling ring.JPG

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Similar to this?
http://www.thefacetscollection.com/item.cfm?item_id=2080

You are talking about a band that is .36 ctw, correct?

For bands, I like this look:
http://www.whiteflash.com/Wedding_Bands/Halo-Wedding-Band_1004.htm (I don''t have this band, but have the ering) This is a very petite band with a long of bling. Micro pave

http://www.whiteflash.com/Wedding_Bands/Diamonds-for-an-Eternity_999.htm shared prong

http://www.whiteflash.com/Wedding_Bands/Bead-Set-Eternity-Band_975.htm again, not channel set, but a beauty

These can help you compare prices.

BTW, that diamond is GORGEOUS!!! Please post more pictures over in the Show Me The Ring thread! I would love to be able to see more of it.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/27/2008 7:24:36 PM
Author: anamal1
Cinnamon013:

I have checked platinum bands and I am finding $275-$375 for a plain band. I cannot find a price for 18 * 2pt VS1, G, Round.

I have checked online vendors extensively and haven''t found one with such small neatly placed diamonds in a 2.5mm comfort fit band. We have tried dozens of ring styles and the only one that seems to fit under the big stone is a low profile band. The stones are not exposed above the ring surface at all but are amazingly bright.
I honestly think the price you mentioned in your first post is not bad.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
i don''t think the price is out of line at all. if she loves it and it works with her e-ring i''d get it.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Not a bad price at all, esp. for platinum. I've seen rings in wg and palladium at that ctw that start rivaling the price.

ETA: That is a breathtaking e-ring!! I agree with the other posts - if she loves the ring, then it's probably the one that's suited to sit next to that stunning diamond!

anamal1

Rough_Rock
Thanks to all of you for the links provided and the compliments on the ring. I checked out the links and they were excellent examples. It appears that 1100 is a reasonable price for the ring I described.

Whiteflash also has an example that fits.

I am going to borrow a friends macro lense and try to get some really nice shots of the e-ring. I will post them with the new wedding band.

Thanks again to all of you. You are the best resource a diamond newbie coul ask for.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/29/2008 10:03:05 AM
Author: anamal1
Thanks to all of you for the links provided and the compliments on the ring. I checked out the links and they were excellent examples. It appears that 1100 is a reasonable price for the ring I described.

Whiteflash also has an example that fits.

I am going to borrow a friends macro lense and try to get some really nice shots of the e-ring. I will post them with the new wedding band.

Thanks again to all of you. You are the best resource a diamond newbie coul ask for.
YIPPEE! Can''t wait to see the photos!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results