shape
carat
color
clarity

Platinum and Richard Krementz

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

satriani

Rough_Rock
A couple of questions for those who might know or have an opinion on the subjects:

I was looking into some possible semi-mounts from the Krementz bridal catalog. My first question is what does anyone know about the quality and craftamanship of these Krementz pieces. I know the company has a long history and is well-respected, but apparently the bridal line is relatively new so I''m curious as to what the general opinions are (especially from those who may own any pieces from this designer).

I also noticed that almost every platinum piece from Krementz has "PLAT 750" stamped on the inside of the band. I''m assuming this denotes the relative platinum content within the alloy since most other pieces that claim 95% platinum usually have "PLAT 950" stamped on theirs. How common is this "750" variety and what are the possible pros and cons when compared to the typical 90 - 95% stuff, if any? I seem to recollect one jeweler mentioning that Krementz actually purchased their platinum and gold alloys from Kretchmer which was suppose to be a big deal, but I''m not completely certain.

Oh well, what do you guys & gals think?

mepearl53

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Richard Krementz produces jewelry at the highest level of quality. The customer service is excellent and the company solid. There must be a mistake with your reading of the 750. This should denote 18kt gold not platinum. His platinum is .950. Steven Kretchmer has a patented platinum alloy on the market and it is sold through metal houses not directly from Kretchmer. The alloy was developed to allow platinum to be lighter and stronger allowing more uses of the metal in jewelry. Hope this helps.

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
Richard Krementz pieces are high quality. I have looked at many of his pieces with pave'' and they were beautifully handcrafted.

satriani

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the info. So based on this picture can I assume that it is a combo piece with platinum and white gold due to the 750 stamp on the inside of the shank?

PL051100000012.jpg

mepearl53

Shiny_Rock
Trade
.750 is the gold and and the platinum is .950. This can be produced in all .950 platinum.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results