shape
carat
color
clarity

Platinum and Diamond Eternity Band HELP!

ajoh3142

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone - I am considering the purchase of an estate platinum and diamond eternity band. The diamonds are baguette shaped. I inquired with the seller if there were any loose, missing, mismatched, or chipped diamonds. The seller's reply informed me that one baguette has a "very tiny chip that cannot be seen without magnification." Everything else otherwise okay. Can eternity bands be repaired - can a baguette be replaced. I really don't want to buy something that can't be repaired in general, and with diamonds all around the band, I am slightly worried.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
They can be, but it is a huge pain in the neck, and generally not worth it. If it is, indeed, a tiny chip, and if the price is sufficiently discounted off retail, it might still be worth buying ....

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It costs a lot of money to repair one of those suckers! I have a band just sitting in my jewelry box because I'm too cheap to replace the baguettes. If you can't see the chip without a loop and the price is good... just wear it without the repair.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results