shape
carat
color
clarity

PLAT plating question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Itgirl76

Shiny_Rock
Ok here is the deal....I am allergic to white gold I found out about 2 years ago. It creates blisters and hives on my fingers.
Someone told me to put clear nail polish on the inside of the ring, it has worked but I am tired of doing it every few days my hands are in water alot.

Who do I go to to get my White gold jewlery plated?

Does anyone know how much it would cost?

Is it permanat or do I have to get it redone?

I don''t want to spend the money getting everythign reset and many of my rings and necklaces are custom.

Thanks.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
You would go to almost any jeweler, the cost will depend on the jeweler. Mine does it for free, but some charge somewhere in the range of $30-50 per piece. Totally depends so it is worth calling around.

It isn''t a permanent solution though, you will have to get it redone. How often depends on your body chemistry. Some people only need to get it done every few years and for some people it could be every few months! Just depends on your body''s chemical reaction to it.

In the future platinum would be a better choice for important pieces because it should be hypoallergenic for you and won''t need to be plated.

Hope that helps!

Itgirl76

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/2/2008 11:39:03 PM
Author: neatfreak
You would go to almost any jeweler, the cost will depend on the jeweler. Mine does it for free, but some charge somewhere in the range of $30-50 per piece. Totally depends so it is worth calling around.

It isn''t a permanent solution though, you will have to get it redone. How often depends on your body chemistry. Some people only need to get it done every few years and for some people it could be every few months! Just depends on your body''s chemical reaction to it.

In the future platinum would be a better choice for important pieces because it should be hypoallergenic for you and won''t need to be plated.

Hope that helps!
Please note: All my recent purchase are PLAT, I found out I was allergic in the past 2 years.. These are older pieces in my collection. Thanks for the input.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results