shape
carat
color
clarity

Planning for my new project- yellow sapphire

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
I’m planning for my new project. I had a stunning custom Heidi Gibson inspired ballerina ring made a few years back. I wore it for a bit but it eventually ended up just sitting in my jewelry box. It was just to big to fit my lifestyle with my crazy boys. It was my only colored stone ring and I’m definitely missing it a bit. I’m looking to have a smaller version made with a yellow sapphire in yellow gold. I like to break up my projects so that I can extend my excitement. So step 1: acquire the perfect center stone. I’m looking for an extremely well cut asscher cut yellow sapphire. A sweet lemon yellow. Somewhere around the 6mm range. I’m new to colored stones. I would love vendor recommendations, a ballpark of what I can expect to pay, and any info and advice everyone might have

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
Hey responding cause I know you and I are both Megan Thorne fans so we may have similar tastes. I really like Jeff White. Easy to communicate with and does great work. You can send him pics of the yellow you are looking for and he will let you know what he has close to your examples. I think the asscher may be one of his signature things also but don't quote me on that as I haven't communicated with him about step cuts. Hope that helps

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This may be a bit too big and the colour may not be what you are looking for, however, this stone is currently available from Jeff W and should give you some idea on cost:

Please bear in mind that some colours are more desirable, therefore, more expensive.

Jeff W is my go-to lapidary artist, and he has a vast inventory of roughs, especially Sapphires.

The way I go about commissioning a stone from him, is to trawl through his galleries to find the colour and cut that I like, then ask if he has any suitable roughs to fit my budget.

Jeff Davies is another vendor that I have purchased from many times, and would gladly buy from his stores again. He has an under 1ct oval shaped stone that may be of interest to you:

DK :))

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are my own step cut stones from Jeff W, and they are gorgeous from his glamour shots:

An Asscher cut Blue Zircon showing the windmill:

My Aqua:

I may need to replace them as they are currently lost in transit on their way back to me, not given up hope yet! :(2

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
Here are my own step cut stones from Jeff W, and they are gorgeous from his glamour shots:

JW_BlueAsscherZircon_7.04ct_9.25x9.25mm.jpg

My Aqua:

JW_Aquamarine_6.16ct_9.37x12.18mm.jpg

I may need to replace them as they are currently lost in transit on their way back to me, not given up hope yet! :(2

wow that is a nice asscher I may need to consider this cut in the future instead of my typical requests for round and ovals

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
Hey responding cause I know you and I are both Megan Thorne fans so we may have similar tastes. I really like Jeff White. Easy to communicate with and does great work. You can send him pics of the yellow you are looking for and he will let you know what he has close to your examples. I think the asscher may be one of his signature things also but don't quote me on that as I haven't communicated with him about step cuts. Hope that helps

Thank you! He’s perfect for the project! His asschers look amazing

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock

JW_BlueAsscherZircon_7.04ct_9.25x9.25mm.jpg

My Aqua:

JW_Aquamarine_6.16ct_9.37x12.18mm.jpg

WOW!!! They are incredible! Fingers crossed they make their way to you. I can’t wait to see pictures!

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! He’s perfect for the project! His asschers look amazing

Anytime! I have a Jeff White lavender sapphire that if off being set by Megan Thorne right now and he's cutting me a deeper purple one. You won't be disappointed and he's super nice to deal with. I can't wait to see your end result!!

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
Anytime! I have a Jeff White lavender sapphire that if off being set by Megan Thorne right now and he's cutting me a deeper purple one. You won't be disappointed and he's super nice to deal with. I can't wait to see your end result!!

I somehow missed this! Please post when you receive it! I’m dying to see pics!

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
I somehow missed this! Please post when you receive it! I’m dying to see pics!

I will, I sent it to them around the last of October so I am thinking it should be back in the next couple of weeks

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results