shape
carat
color
clarity

Plain Gold Wedding Bands Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can plain gold wedding bands be made without a seam in them. I mean without being soldered in anyway.

I suppose if they are cast this will be the case but if they are die struck are they struck without a seam or do they have to be soldered together after the process. Any goldsmiths out there know?

I know that soldering can probably be done and the ring polished so that it cannot be seen but psychologically speaking is there any way to make a gold band without a join in it?

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I've never seen a gold ring with a visible seam.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your replies.

I think you have mistaken what I was asking, I mentioned 'psychologically speaking although the join is there and I know it woúld be finished so you could not see it' and I was interested about it being there in the first place.

Therefore, are die struck or any type of wedding rings made as a whole round without having to be soldered or anything together?

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your reply. Would the cheaper wedding rings in national chain stores be made from extruded pipe then or are these usually thicker rings and more expensive rings? Are cast rings made in lengths of pipe also or would they be cast as individual rings.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results