shape
carat
color
clarity

plain band...please help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

yellowcrayon

Rough_Rock
i''ve been lurking for awhile...and i had a question...

where would i be able to find a plain wedding band? i''m somewhat picky and i would like it to match my engagement ring perfectly. i have a ritani three stone and have ordered the matching endless love band (from bill pearlman...i love him!). both my e-ring and my eternity band are 1.8mm wide and in 18k white gold. i would like a plain wedding band to match that is 1.8mm wide, 18k white gold, pipe/flat, and comfort fit. we were going to have ritani custom make one for me, but it''s a little over what we would like to spend on a plain band (i guess if worst comes to worst we can always custom order ritani''s). anyways, i''ve been looking and looking but i can''t seem to find anything. does anyone have any leads? i would really appreciate it. thank you so much! =)

krisvrn

Brilliant_Rock
Try e-weddingband.com.
my flat / pipe cut wedding band came from there. I think mine is 2mm though.

yellowcrayon

Rough_Rock
thanks krisvrn! i actually emailed them a couple days ago asking if i could possibly get a 1.8mm band and they said they couldn''t do it. do you think .2mm will make that much of a difference?

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I don''t think .2 mm will make much of a difference, but if it makes a difference to *you*, why not just order the 2 mm band and ask a local jeweler to file it down by .2 and repolish it? I can''t imagine this being particularly complicated or time consuming on a pipe-fit band ....

krisvrn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/12/2008 1:19:56 AM
Author: yellowcrayon
thanks krisvrn! i actually emailed them a couple days ago asking if i could possibly get a 1.8mm band and they said they couldn't do it. do you think .2mm will make that much of a difference?

From a distance I dont think it would make a difference, now maybe closer it might.. hmmmm. I do agree with the previous post... just buy it then take it to your jeweler and have it filed.. good luck! did u post a picture of your e-ring? if not, please do so!

yellowcrayon

Rough_Rock
i''m learning so much here. i realize this is going to make me sound dumb...but i had no idea you could get a ring filed down. that''s actually a really great idea. thank you so much for that!

i haven''t posted pictures of my ring yet...because it''s not on my hand just yet.
5.gif
but i could definitely sneak in some pictures.
9.gif
my bf has the ring in his possession but he is actually waiting on my parents to propose (it''s a complicated situation). however, we wanted to get the whole "buying the wedding rings" process out of the way because we''re hoping for a short engagement.

anyways, i''ll try to sneak some pictures in some time this week. hopefully i''ll be posting some in the next couple days!!

krisvrn and circe, thank you again for all your help!

yellowcrayon

Rough_Rock
here are a couple pictures of my engagement ring...

i know that princess cuts aren''t very popular here...along with three stone rings...but here it is...

i''m not very good at this picture thing. how do you keep your hand steady?

IMG_1575 Good Copy.JPG

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Gorgeous ring, and gorgeous hands - that looks marvelous on you!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is very pretty and gives you a nice amount of finger coverage! PSers own a fair amount of squarish stones and some beautiful 3-stones. I guess it seems like big round rules, though, huh?

yellowcrayon

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/14/2008 3:32:23 AM
Author: swingirl
Your ring is very pretty and gives you a nice amount of finger coverage! PSers own a fair amount of squarish stones and some beautiful 3-stones. I guess it seems like big round rules, though, huh?
the big round ones definitely rule. my ring was purchased pre-pricescope...and i''m already wanting a big and round diamond. yikes!

oh, as far as the stats on the center stone...all i know is the carat weight for now. i know he has the papers though...
center stone: 1.02, side stones: .25 each, and i don''t know the total weight of the pave diamonds.
i''m feeling not so much like a pser right now...
38.gif

krisvrn

Brilliant_Rock
beautiful E-ring. Thanks for sharing.

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Well I like square cuts
<--------------------

I like 3 stones too, just haven''t gotten any yet, maybe someday
27.gif

Brilyant

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/14/2008 3:42:53 AM

the big round ones definitely rule. my ring was purchased pre-pricescope...and i''m already wanting a big and round diamond. yikes!

oh, as far as the stats on the center stone...all i know is the carat weight for now. i know he has the papers though...

center stone: 1.02, side stones: .25 each, and i don''t know the total weight of the pave diamonds.

38.gif

Why not? You should be happy for what you have - there aren''t that many people on this planet who can afford anything on this board, even the 0.25 side stones on your ring. Only 10% of American households have a combined income of $100,000 or more, and many families are simply below the poverty line. Sorry to be glum and statistical, but you shouldn''t feel bad that you "only" have a square ring. Be yourself and don''t worry about it.

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/12/2008 1:58:37 AM
i''m learning so much here. i realize this is going to make me sound dumb...but i had no idea you could get a ring filed down. that''s actually a really great idea. thank you so much for that!

i haven''t posted pictures of my ring yet...because it''s not on my hand just yet.
5.gif
but i could definitely sneak in some pictures.
9.gif
my bf has the ring in his possession but he is actually waiting on my parents to propose (it''s a complicated situation). however, we wanted to get the whole ''buying the wedding rings'' process out of the way because we''re hoping for a short engagement.

anyways, i''ll try to sneak some pictures in some time this week. hopefully i''ll be posting some in the next couple days!!

krisvrn and circe, thank you again for all your help!
Me neither! Cool!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Yellowcrayon: all bling is popular here. Beautiful ring! I have seen 1.8 and I have seen 2mm and I personally see a difference.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
yellowcrayon, i just wanted to chime in that I think your ring is beautiful. I actually had that same Ritani setting, only with rounds, on my upgrade list for a long time.
i''m one of those here who would just say save up a bit more and get Ritani to make it. it will be exactly what you want and leave no room for a mess up a possible disappoint by trying to have someone *file* a band down etc.

would love to see more pics of your ring too.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Your princess 3 stone is gorgeous!!!

yellowcrayon

Rough_Rock
thank you! thank you! everyone for your kind comments!

mrssalvo: we have decided to wait to get a plain band so that we can have ritani make it. i like everything to match...so that's what we've decided. plus, bill pearlman suggested i ask for it for an anniversary gift or birthday present. he was like, "you need to train him right!" =)

yellowcrayon

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/14/2008 12:14:55 PM
Author: Brilyant
Date: 3/14/2008 3:42:53 AM

38.gif

Why not? You should be happy for what you have - there aren''t that many people on this planet who can afford anything on this board, even the 0.25 side stones on your ring. Only 10% of American households have a combined income of $100,000 or more, and many families are simply below the poverty line. Sorry to be glum and statistical, but you shouldn''t feel bad that you ''only'' have a square ring. Be yourself and don''t worry about it.

oh, i meant i don''t feel like a pser because i don''t have exact stats... =)

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have a beautiful ring, I am partial to princess cuts myself, since mine is a princess
31.gif

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Not much help from LinB, but just had to say I love your ring, especially the profile shot!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Best of luck finding the perfect band...

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, your ring is gorgeous, I L
30.gif
VE that side view!!!! I think going with the matching ritani is a great choice, it will look fabulous!

yellowcrayon

Rough_Rock
thank you again for all your nice words! unfortunately, i don''t have more pictures for now...hopefully soon! bill said the eternity band should arrive in about 3-4 weeks. i can''t wait! =)

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is beautiful :) as are you hands.

Can''t wait to see shots with the band :)

yellowcrayon

Rough_Rock
everyone is so nice and welcoming here!

deelight: i can''t wait to see pics with the band either!!
26.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results